Colorado Access can help you with low-cost health and dental insurance for your kids!
Don’t have health insurance for your kids? There may be a health option for your family. It’s called Child Health Plan Plus (CHP+) and Colorado Access is here to help.
CHP+ is a low-cost health plan for working families in Colorado. It covers regular checkups, preventive care, immunizations (shots), hospital services, medicines, dental and vision care for children ages 18 and under.
Colorado Access can help those who want to apply for the program or want to learn more. See below for information on how Colorado Access can help you.
- Can determine Presumptive Eligibility (PE) for individuals who qualify for CHP+ and Medicaid.
- Offers CHP+ and Medicaid application completion assistance.
- Can verify citizenship.
- Can verify income eligibility.
- Staff is bilingual in English and Spanish.
5 Simple Steps:
- Download the CHP+ Application from www.chpplus.org or call CHP+ at 1-800-359-1991 to request an application.
- Fill out the CHP+ application – If you need help completing the application, call CHP+ at 1-800-359-1991.
- When you fill out the application for CHP+, you must choose a health plan. Consider choosing Colorado Access as your health plan. To do so, write “Colorado Access” at the bottom of page 10 in the blank space for “HMO”.
- Make sure you include all required documents like pay stubs and proof of citizenship.
- After you finish the application, mail it to: CHP+, PO Box 929, Denver, CO 80201
- $150 toward eyeglasses or contact lenses per calendar year.
- More than 200 over-the-counter medications like vitamins and Tylenol®, when prescribed by a doctor.
- 40 outpatient visits per calendar year for physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
- Unlimited physical, occupational, and speech therapy for children ages 0-3.
- Reduced co-payments for prescriptions.
- Special health care programs for diseases such as diabetes, depression, and asthma.
- Bilingual interpretation services.
- The Safe T. Tiger program.
- Food for Shots program.
- Healthcare services from a dedicated network of providers, including many private doctor’s offices and clinics.
- Summary of Covered Benefits (PDF)
To make an appointment with Colorado Access, please call (303) 755-4138 or toll free 1-855-221-4138. You can also e-mail email@example.com. TTY/TDD users should call 1-888-803-4494. We are available from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Mountain Time, Monday through Friday.
Denver, CO 80231
To use the bus route, click here.
Click here for building entrance map. Building Entrance Map:
For more information on getting your kids covered, click here.
Denver Metro Area: (303) 755-4138
Toll Free: 1-855-221-4138