SUMMER OF 2012 IS THE SEASON OF THE BEARS
DON’T MISS CBS4, KCNC-TV’S SIX-PART SERIES
BEGINNING MAY 20
Denver (May 15, 2012) – CBS4–KCNC-TV just announced that BEAR WEEK, a six-part series, will air on CBS4 News at 10pm beginning May 20, with additional information for viewers through an interactive help center, Facebook, Twitter and at CBSDenver.com.
“According to the Colorado Division of Wildlife,” CBS4 News Director Tim Wieland said, “this summer will be the worst season for bears in 10 years. Our news team has traveled the region to create a dynamic series of special reports that will help inform, educate and prepare the community. “
CBS4 anchor Alan Gionet and reporters Stan Bush, Jennifer Brice and Jeff Todd have traveled to many locations including Aspen, the San Juan Mountains near Pagosa Springs, Summit County and Yellowstone National Park to secure expert opinions and video images that tell the story Coloradoans need to see.
Visit the Bear Week section on CBSDenver.com.
“Bears may seem like cuddly creatures but they are in fact wild animals that many people in Colorado will encounter this summer and they need to be prepared,” Wieland added. “Viewers can learn a lot by watching this special series and by submitting their questions to our interactive help center, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.”
- BEAR WEEK kicks-off Sunday, May 20 with Bears are Back, as reporter Stan Bush examines why we expect to see so many bears this season and what the State of Colorado is doing to track them.
- On Monday, May 21, reporter Jennifer Brice takes a look at Bears in the Burbs and helps prepare viewers for local bear sightings including which neighborhoods are most likely to encounter bears and how bears make it in to urban areas.
- Tuesday, May 22, focuses on Bear Rehab as anchor Alan Gionet shows how wildlife officials deal with errant bears and rehab problem bears.
- On Wednesday, May 23 reporter Stan Bush takes a look at grizzly bears and the likelihood that grizzlies are coming back to Colorado.
- On Thursday, May 24, Jennifer Brice examines Bear Encounters and what to do if you come upon a bear.
- The series wraps up on Friday, May 25 as mountain bureau reporter Jeff Todd takes a look at bears in mountain communities and how to plan ahead to deal with them.
For more information, call 303-861-4444 or visit cbsdenver.com
CBS4, KCNC-TV—Denver, is part of CBS Television Stations, a division of CBS Corporation.