COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – A house caught on fire in Commerce City before daybreak on Monday and firefighters were able to rescue a pet from the burning home.

The house is located near the intersection of 56th Avenue and Monaco Street.

fire1 Flames Shoot From Roof In Early Morning House Fire

Copter4 image of the fire (credit: CBS)

Flames were shooting from the home at approximately 6:30 a.m., but fire crews attacked the fire and doused the flames fairly quickly. Crews stayed on scene to extinguish hot spots.

monaco garage fire pic from safd Flames Shoot From Roof In Early Morning House Fire

(credit: CBS)

No one was hurt and the entire family, as well as pets, escaped the fire… except one. Lt. Ottaway rescued the final pet still in the home during the fire: a guinea pig!

monaco garage fire guinea pig rescue from safd Flames Shoot From Roof In Early Morning House Fire

(credit: CBS)

He was rescued and reunited with his family.

There’s no word yet on how the fire started.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Together 4 Colorado
NEWS TEAM
Future Leaders

Watch & Listen LIVE