By Rick Brown
The Denver Broncos (3-5) started the week with 15 players on the injury report, while the New England Patriots began Week 10 with only eight players listed. As the week played out, an increasing number of Broncos players began participating in practice. The Broncos have not officially ruled out any players for the game against the Patriots. Meanwhile, the Patriots did not see much improvement and will be missing some key players when they come to Denver on Sunday.
The Patriots are coming into the Mile High City on a four-game win streak while the Broncos are in the midst of a four-game losing streak. The Broncos’ anemic offense will have to take advantage of several starters missing from the Patriots’ already porous defense.
The Healthy Broncos Look To Win At Home Against The Patriots
When the Broncos’ injury report came out on Wednesday, it listed a lot starters. On offense: C.J. Anderson, Jamaal Charles, Bennie Fowler III, Cody Latimer, Ron Leary, Matt Paradis, Emmanuel Sanders, Donald Stephenson and Demaryius Thomas. On defense: Todd Davis, Brandon Marshall, Domata Pek Sr., Shane Ray, Darian Stewart and Derek Wolfe. As the week progressed, more and more players were fully participating in practice and by the end of the week, almost every player was a full participant. Only three Broncos are listed as questionable: Davis, Sanders and Stephenson. The Broncos have not been this healthy in a few weeks, and they’ll need to take advantage of a Patriots team with a lot of injuries.
The Patriots Come To Denver With A Hurting Squad
The beginning of the week saw eight players on the Patriots injury report. Time did not heal all wounds and New England will be without defensive tackles Malcom Brown and Marcus Cannon and wide receiver Chris Hogan. The other players on the list were all limited participants throughout the week and will be game-time decisions. The Patriots could possibly be without WR Danny Amendola, CB Stephon Gilmore, DE Cassius Marsh, DB Eric Rowe, and newly acquired tight end Martellus Bennett.
Denver Broncos Injury Report
- (ILB) Davis, Todd (Ankle) – Full Participation In Practice
- (WR) Sanders, Emmanuel (Ankle) – Full Participation In Practice
- (T) Stephenson, Donlad (Calf) – Limited Participation In Practice
New England Patriots Injury Report
- (WR) Amendola, Danny (Knee) – Limited Participation In Practice
- (TE) Bennett, Martellus (Shoulder) – Limited Participation In Practice
- (CB) Gilmore, Stephon (Concussion/Ankle) – Limited Participation In Practice
- (DE) Marsh, Cassius (Shoulder) – Limited Participation In Practice
- (DB) Rowe, Eric (Groin) – Limited Participation In Practice
- (DL) Brown, Malcom (Ankle) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (OL) Cannon, Marcus (Ankle) – Did Not Participate In Practice
- (WR) Hogan, Chris (Shoulder) – Did Not Participate In Practice