• Live News KCNC-CBS4 News at 10 p.m.
    10:00 PM - 10:40 PM

PHOENIX (AP) — A 48-year-old Arizona man hospitalized for a week after being bitten twice by a rattlesnake he was holding says he “ain’t gonna play with snakes no more.”

Victor Pratt of Coolidge told the Arizona Republic that the rattler slipped out of his grasp as he showed it off to friends and family after finding the snake on his property.

Pratt says he was bitten once when he was 19 so he knew he needed to go to a hospital immediately.

He’s been undergoing treatment with antivenin, first being treated at a local hospital and then transferred to Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix.

Banner’s toxicology director, Dr. Steven Curry, says prompt medical attention is vital because rattlesnake venom is toxic and can cause swelling that can block air passages.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.) 

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

NEWS TEAM
Future Leaders
Together 4 Colorado

Watch & Listen LIVE