Conditions So Dry, Lawnmower Sparks Brush Fire

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – A lawnmower accidentally sparked a wildfire Sunday.

It happened around noon in the 8500 block of Flintwood Road in Douglas County.

South Metro Fire Rescue tweeted out pictures of the damage.

They say the fire is no under control. There were no injuries, nor were any structures damaged.

In addition to SMFR, Elizabeth and Franktown fire departments responded to assist in the two-acre blaze.

Wildfire Resources

– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.

Wildfire Photo Galleries

– See images from the most destructive wildfires (Black ForestWaldo CanyonHigh Park and Fourmile) and largest wildfire (Hayman) in Colorado history.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Together 4 Colorado
Send A News Tip
FANTASY FOOTBALL

Watch & Listen LIVE