Probe: Man Found Dead Lit Clothing On Fire While Cooking

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Investigators say a 66-year-old northern Colorado man whose body was found in a smoke-filled apartment accidentally lit his clothing on fire while cooking.

The Poudre Fire Authority says Ameer Beleal, of Fort Collins, was found burned to death in his apartment June 3. The coroner’s report says there is no evidence of smoke inhalation or carbon monoxide poisoning.

drake road fire 5vo frame 370 Probe: Man Found Dead Lit Clothing On Fire While Cooking

(credit: CBS)

Firefighters extinguished a blaze on top of the stove in Beleal’s home, and the man was dead when they found him. They found smoldering material next to the sink and a stove burner on. Atop the stove were three pots, two containing food and one with water.

fort collins fire Probe: Man Found Dead Lit Clothing On Fire While Cooking

(credit: Poudre Fire)

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

ROCKY FLATS: COLORADO'S NUCLEAR SHADOW
CBS4 INVESTIGATES
Send A News Tip

Watch & Listen LIVE