By Jamie Leary
DENVER (CBS4)– An ammonia leak forced the evacuation of a King Soopers corporate meat packing warehouse early Monday morning.
Firefighters from Denver rushed to the plant at 85 Yuma Street just before 4 a.m.
The alarm sounded, alerting employees of the leak. Everyone evacuated safely while hazardous materials teams searched for the source of the leak.
No one was injured. Employees were allowed to return to work less than an hour later. Fire investigators say a leaky valve connected to the AC unit was to blame.
Crews were able to stop the flow and everyone inside returned to work by 7 a.m. King Soopers said there was no impact to the meat.
Jamie Leary joined the CBS4 team in 2015. She is currently the morning show reporter, which means she is always on the go, covering a wide variety of breaking local news and important local events. Connect with her on Facebook or Twitter @JamieALeary.