COMING UP: Fight For Freedom, Tonight on CBS4 at 10 (Watch Preview)

Animal Adventure Park: ‘Giraffe Cam Will Need To Be Pulled’

HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. (CBS4) – The Animal Adventure Park posted Monday afternoon that the cam for April the giraffe and her baby will need to be pulled.

“April had a small twist of her leg today, which has her favoring it,” the park posted on Facebook in response to a flood of messages they’ve received asking about her. “We appreciate [the] concern but the bogging down of email servers and other platforms is the exact reason the giraffe cam will need to be pulled.”

The reason is that all of these messages, which they previously asked not to receive, “is interfering with normal park operations and preparation for opening; at a period when our resource of time is limited and cannot be hindered.”

The park did not give an exact time as to when the camera would be pulled, but had previously stated that it would happen within five days of the birth.

April had her baby Saturday morning. He has yet to be named, but details on the drive to name him should be coming shortly.

RELATED: Man Writes Song About April The Giraffe And Her Baby

Comments

1. It was great that you shared your park with the world glad for the time . Good luck to you and your wonderful staff . Again thank you so much

2. Margie Emms says:

I do not blame you for pulling the camera,the animals well being matter,people were asked to slow down on the e-mails but I heard it got worse,this is my first time emailing and will not interfer again. I wish you,all the staff and every animal the best….take care

3. I regret the web cam having to be pulled but totally understand…

4. Lily Hackett says:

thank you for sharing this wonderful experience good luck to you all and the opening of your park

5. Although i understand the reasoning i am really going to miss watching. Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with the world. We would really love to see how tthey are doing before baby leaves they have become family to most of us. Thank you aga7In

6. Rosie Rankin says:

Just avgreat big thank yous for sharing this awesome event its been great 😊

7. Clarice Dunn says:

Thanks for sharing April and Oliver with us and the new baby.

8. I hate that you have to pull the cam! I understand totally!! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful event. I can imagine the numerous emails you have received. The comments on the live feed was enough for me!! I love April & family & I wish you great success in the future!! You are all an amazing group of loving, caring people!! Thanks again!!❤️❤️

9. Totally enjoyed the time I got to watch April and now her son. Really do wish that we could watch him grow a bit but do understand your reasoning. Hopefully you can post some updates on FB to see how our little family is doing. Thanks for sharing with us!!

10. Janice Slack says:

It was fun to watch the giraffes. From the start I said April 15 and it was…that’s my magic power lol

11. Ann Graves says:

Thank you for everything it has been enjoyable to watch and learn alot about giraffes. Little one is so funny and sure going to grow up into a nice bull.