PARKER, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters have put out a brush fire that broke out Saturday evening that came close to some homes.
According to South Metro Fire Rescue Authority in Centennial, crews were able to put out the “large fast-moving fire” in Parker.
“We were totally relieved because our house is in the middle of a bunch of pine trees, and so we were thinking we’re probably at risk,” said resident Dave Jessup.
With a Stage 2 fire restriction in Douglas County, firefighters say the outcome could have been much different.
“South Metro alone has seen several accidental fires start within the last few days that were within the scope of the burn ban, it was nothing that wasn’t allowed, but it was still things that started fires,” said South Metro Fire Public Information Officer Eric Hurst.
With recent dry conditions, South Metro says it’s important for everyone to remember Colorado is wildfire season is year-round.
‘”If they’re doing things with heat, with sparks, with open flames of any kind, even if its allowed, it’s important for them to have a water source or a fire extinguisher nearby to put that out,” Hurst said.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries