DENVER (CBS4)– This year the U.S. Postal Service expects a 12 percent increase in packages this holiday season for a total of 16 billion nationwide.
The busiest mailing day of the year will be Dec. 19 with the busiest delivery day on Dec. 22 with more than 30 million packages delivered.
Last year, Denver metro area residents received 1.9 million packages. There are seven-day delivery options in the Denver metro area.
The Postal Service recommends customers in the U.S. observe the following mailing and shipping deadlines to ensure that deliveries are made in time for Christmas:
- December 9 -– Military, First Class APO/FPO/DPO
- December 15 — USPS Retail Ground
- December 20 — First-Class Mail
- December 21 — Priority Mail
- December 23 — Priority Mail Express