Springs Man Breaks Neck In Fall After E-Cigarette Explodes

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – A Colorado Springs man was hospitalized after his family says an e-cigarette exploded in his face.

Coworkers say Cordero Caples fell to the ground when the e-cigarette exploded last Friday. His family says the fall broke his neck.

The Colorado Springs Fire Department is investigating.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

Witnesses say it happened so fast.

“I just heard a loud explosion similar to a shotgun bang,” coworker Brandon Nolan said.

“We all thought he got shot or somebody shot at him,” coworker Andrew Holguin said.

Reports of e-cigarette explosions are rare but have happened all across the country. Industry experts say the cause was likely a problem with the battery, which needs to be checked regularly.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

FANTASY FOOTBALL
Together 4 Colorado
CBS4 INVESTIGATES

Watch & Listen LIVE