Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4)– The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park reopens on Saturday after being mostly closed to the public for more than a year.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center which will open on Saturday.
Guests can walk and drive across the bridge and ride the Royal Rush Skycoaster.
The park will close again and then reopen on a daily basis starting on Sept. 6.
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- A Year After Devastating Fire, Royal Gorge Seeks Comeback
- Melting Snow Equals Cash Flow For Rafting Industry
- Authorities Identify Cause Of Royal Gorge Fire