CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4)– The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park reopens on Saturday after being mostly closed to the public for more than a year.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center which will open on Saturday.
Guests can walk and drive across the bridge and ride the Royal Rush Skycoaster.
The park will close again and then reopen on a daily basis starting on Sept. 6.
- Electrical Fire Makes T-Rex ‘Extinct’ At Dinosaur Experience
- Autopsy Being Performed To Identify Missing Treasure Hunter
- Another Coloradan Missing While Treasure Hunting
- Man Who Died While Rafting In Southern Colorado Drowned
- Royal Gorge Park Busy This Spring Break 4 Years After Disastrous Wildfire
- Royal Gorge Railroad To Resume Service After Conductor Death
- Conductor Dies After Fall From Royal Gorge Train