Last Day Of USA Pro Challenge Will Close Some Denver Streets
DENVER (CBS4) - Cyclists will ride from Boulder to Denver on Sunday in the last day of the USA Pro Challenge, a seven-day race event across Colorado.
That will mean road closures in the metro area: Colfax Avenue from Speer Boulevard to Grant Street, Lincoln Street from 17th to 13th avenues, and Broadway from Colfax to 13th.
The final stage will end at Civic Center Park after the cyclists make a few laps around downtown.
“There are going to be a lot of folks watching gathering. What we are going to be doing is watching the traffic and make sure things are flowing,” Nancy Kuhn with Denver Public Works said.
PHOTO GALLERY: USA Pro Challenge, Stage 6
The city said it will use additional staff to monitor detours and keep traffic moving.
The cyclists are expected to arrive in Denver at approximately 2 p.m.
- USA Pro Challenge Makes 2015 Host Cities Announcement
- Van Garderen Wins 2nd Straight USA Pro Challenge
- Colorado A Big Winner In The USA Pro Challenge
- Last Day Of USA Pro Challenge Will Close Some Denver Streets
- Van Garderen Extends USA Pro Challenge Lead
- USA Pro Challenge Boosts Tourism, Economy In Mountain Towns
- Didier Wins Stage 5 Of USA Pro Challenge
- USA Pro Challenge Riders Back In Mountains