DENVER (CBS4) – Cyclists will ride from Boulder to Denver on Sunday in the last day of the USA Pro Challenge, a seven-day race event across Colorado.
That will mean road closures in the metro area: Colfax Avenue from Speer Boulevard to Grant Street, Lincoln Street from 17th to 13th avenues, and Broadway from Colfax to 13th.
The final stage will end at Civic Center Park after the cyclists make a few laps around downtown.
“There are going to be a lot of folks watching gathering. What we are going to be doing is watching the traffic and make sure things are flowing,” Nancy Kuhn with Denver Public Works said.
PHOTO GALLERY: USA Pro Challenge, Stage 6
The city said it will use additional staff to monitor detours and keep traffic moving.
The cyclists are expected to arrive in Denver at approximately 2 p.m.
- New Sponsors Needed After USA Pro Challenge’s Main Sponsor Drops Out
- Family ‘Rides Through Grief’ By Teaching Biking To Youngsters
- Australia’s Rohan Dennis Wins USA Pro Challenge
- Kreuziger Wins Stage 6 Of USA Pro; Dennis Keeps Overall Lead
- Dennis Pads Overall Lead With Time Trial Win In Colorado
- Dennis Nabs Victory, Overall Lead At USA Pro Challenge
- Boulder’s Reijnen Sprints To USA Pro Challenge Win In Aspen
- As USA Pro Challenge Broadcaster, Pro Cyclist Lucas Euser’s Mind Is Still In The Race