COLORADO'S WEATHER CENTER: Thermometer Finally Rises Above 32 Degrees (Full Story)

13 Children Released From Hospital After Chlorine Overexposure

DENVER (CBS4) – Thirteen children were treated and released from a hospital after being exposed to high levels of chlorine in a pool at a Denver hotel Sunday night.

The incident happened at the Homewood Suites Hilton hotel near Denver International Airport.

Hilton Homewood Suites (credit: CBS)

Hilton Homewood Suites (credit: CBS)

The children are part of a group called the Seaford Young Marines, who are traveling from Delaware through the area.

The children were all between the ages of 8 and 17. They were treated for irritated throats, burning eyes and burning skin.

Hilton Homewood Suites (credit: CBS)

Hilton Homewood Suites (credit: CBS)

A representative for the group told CBS4 overnight that the children are doing fine.

There’s no word yet from the hotel about why the pool had so much chlorine in it.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Enter To Win!
Weather App

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia