ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – Rockies great Todd Helton spent part of his morning checking out Broncos Training Camp on Friday.
It’s the first day of a big weekend for the former first baseman.
This Sunday the Rockies will retire his No. 17 jersey. He will be the first player in franchise history to receive the honor.
After welcoming their guest the Broncos got back to work. They are preparing for Sunday second preseason game against the 49ers in San Francisco.
Helton has a special tie to the team. He and Peyton Manning were teammates on the football team at the University of Tennessee and are great friends.
More Broncos Stories
Todd Helton Story Archive
- Rockies Celebrate 2007 World Series Team
- Left-Hander Freeland To Make Major League Debut For Rockies
- Todd Helton Accepts Volunteer Role On Tennessee’s Staff
- Woman Hit by Foul Ball Hopes New Implant Helps Her Sleep
- Trevor Story Named NL Player Of The Week Once Again
- Manning Makes Final ‘Omaha’ Call Of His NFL Career
- Gary Kubiak In No Hurry To Choose Starting QB For Playoffs
- Manning Returns To Practice, Will Serve As Backup To Osweiler
- Broncos Notebook: Aug. 18, 2015
- Tulowitzki Replaces Gordon On NL All-Star Team
- Arenado, LeMahieu Hoping Tulowitzki Joins Them In Cincinnati
- Coors Field Home Runs: Who Hit The Longest, And Who Hit The Most
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Todd Helton
- Top 8 Things Peyton Manning Should Shout Out Besides ‘Omaha’
- Rockies Retire Helton’s No. 17 Jersey