Todd Helton Visits Broncos Training Camp
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) – Rockies great Todd Helton spent part of his morning checking out Broncos Training Camp on Friday.
It’s the first day of a big weekend for the former first baseman.
This Sunday the Rockies will retire his No. 17 jersey. He will be the first player in franchise history to receive the honor.
After welcoming their guest the Broncos got back to work. They are preparing for Sunday second preseason game against the 49ers in San Francisco.
Helton has a special tie to the team. He and Peyton Manning were teammates on the football team at the University of Tennessee and are great friends.
More Broncos Stories
Todd Helton Story Archive
- Tulowitzki Replaces Gordon On NL All-Star Team
- Arenado, LeMahieu Hoping Tulowitzki Joins Them In Cincinnati
- Coors Field Home Runs: Who Hit The Longest, And Who Hit The Most
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Todd Helton
- Top 8 Things Peyton Manning Should Shout Out Besides ‘Omaha’
- Rockies Retire Helton’s No. 17 Jersey
- Todd Helton Visits Broncos Training Camp
- Peyton Manning On Hand As Todd Helton Inducted Into Colorado Sports Hall Of Fame
- Tennessee Sports Hall Of Fame To Honor Todd Helton
- Morneau Ready To Step In At 1st Base For Helton
- 5 Things To Know About The Colorado Rockies
- Rockies Hand Closer’s Job To 41-Year-Old Hawkins
- Rockies To Retire Helton’s No. 17 Jersey
- Top Denver Sports Stories Of 2013
- Rockies Look To Sign Morneau, CarGo Headed Back To Center Field