Cyclists Gearing Up For USA Pro Challenge
DENVER (CBS4)- The top cyclists in the world are arriving in Colorado this week to prepare for the USA Pro Challenge.
The race starts Monday in Aspen.
If you think the race is popular among those lining the streets and highways to watch the cyclists speed by, the audience around the world is growing every year.
“You know we’re broadcast in 180 countries. Last year in Europe, on Eurosport, almost 15 million unique viewers were watching our race during race week,” said USA Pro Challenge spokesman Shawn Hunter. “You know in America, probably the only game in the week that beats that would be an NFL game. So we’re growing and that’s how we’re measuring success.”
Beginning Aug. 18 and continuing through Aug. 24 the USA Pro Challenge will bring some of the world’s top cyclists and fans to Colorado.
- USA Pro Challenge Makes 2015 Host Cities Announcement
- Van Garderen Wins 2nd Straight USA Pro Challenge
- Colorado A Big Winner In The USA Pro Challenge
- Last Day Of USA Pro Challenge Will Close Some Denver Streets
- Van Garderen Extends USA Pro Challenge Lead
- USA Pro Challenge Boosts Tourism, Economy In Mountain Towns
- Didier Wins Stage 5 Of USA Pro Challenge
- USA Pro Challenge Riders Back In Mountains