Vail Evacuees Return Home After Gas Leak
VAIL, Colo. (CBS4)- Dozens of residents in Vail returned home early Tuesday morning after they were forced out because of a gas leak.
Xcel Energy crews rushed to the Eagle Point Condos Monday night to repair the leak.
A total of 76 people were evacuated from their homes on Matternhorn Circle and from the condominiums.
The leak was repaired about 3 a.m. and all utilities were restored by 9 a.m. That’s when residents were allowed to return.
Last week hundreds of people were forced from their hotels in Vail because of a gas leak in Lions Head Village.
About 600 people were kept out of their hotel rooms for eight hours after gas started leaking on Aug. 6.
The Vail Fire Department said the same company that caused Monday’s leak is the same one that caused the leak last week. That company has been suspended from any new projects while firefighters conduct their investigation.