CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Woman Falls 400 Feet To Death At Royal Gorge Bridge & Park
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Reopens After Fire
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Forest Service: 2016 Wildfire Season Expected To Be Less Severe
- Colorado To Forecast 2016 Wildfire Season After 2 Mild Years
- Grass Fire Forces 9 Homes To Evacuate In Colorado Springs
- Prescribed Burn Gets Out Of Control, Temporarily Closes Highway 285
- Crews Knock Down Brush Fire In Aurora
- Wildfire Breaks Out In Western Eagle County In Dry Conditions
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries