Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
- Top 10 Colorado News Stories Of 2013
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Hopes To Reopen In March
Latest Wildfire Reports
- No Criminal Charges In Black Forest Fire — For Now
- Fire Officials Excited About Drones’ Potential
- Study: Front Range Fires Not Getting More Severe
- Colorado Red Cross Workers Head To California To Help Wildfire Victims
- Infrared Technology Aboard Planes Will Help Crews Fight Wildfires
- Governor Tours Colorado Natural Disaster Sites
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries