Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
- Top 10 Colorado News Stories Of 2013
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Hopes To Reopen In March
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wyoming Ranchers Sue Over Fire Touched Off By Colorado Guard
- Colorado Considers System To Predict Fire, Flood Behavior
- 174 Record Temperatures In 15 Days Taking Toll On Colorado’s Snowpack
- Multiple Brush Fires Bring Important Reminder
- Structures Burn In Brush Fire East Of Wellington
- Woman Won’t Charge $7 Billion For Goats To Clean Up Weeds At Rocky Flats
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries