Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Reopens After Fire
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
- Top 10 Colorado News Stories Of 2013
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Investing In New Wildfire Prediction System
- Wildfire Season Briefing: ‘We’re Bringing New Tools To The Fight’
- Colorado Fire Managers To Release Outlook For Wildfire Season
- Hickenlooper Signs Wildfire Mitigation Bills In Durango
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 100 Percent Contained
- Wildfire Crews Gear Up For Fire Season
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries