CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Woman Falls 400 Feet To Death At Royal Gorge Bridge & Park
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Reopens After Fire
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Forest Service: Beaver Creek Fire Is Human-Caused
- Grass Fire Fueled By Strong Winds
- Wildland Crews Contain More Of Hertha Ridge Fire
- Full Containment Of Fire Near Parachute Expected By Day’s End
- Fire Crews Battle 80-Acre Brush Fire That Prompted Evacuations
- Brush Fire Grows Close To Apartments, Sets Off Smoke Alarms
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries