CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Woman Falls 400 Feet To Death At Royal Gorge Bridge & Park
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Reopens After Fire
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Owners Of Evacuated Animals Thankful For Fairgrounds During Wildfire
- Resident On Possible Serial Arsonist: ‘I Just Wish He’d Stop’
- Hotspots Still An Issue, But Rabbit Mountain Fire Contained
- Fast-Spreading Weld County Wildfire Burns 2 Structures, Vehicles
- Evacuations Ordered, Structure Burns In Wildfire
- Fire Bans In Effect In Several Areas On Colorado’s Front Range
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries