CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park in Canon City closed for final repairs and construction on Monday.
A wildfire last summer burned 3,200 acres of the park and destroyed 48 of the 52 buildings.
Crews are finishing up the new visitors center. Everything is scheduled to reopen by Aug. 30.
More Royal Gorge Bridge and Park Stories
- Woman Falls 400 Feet To Death At Royal Gorge Bridge & Park
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Reopens After Fire
- Tourists Flock To Rebuilt Royal Gorge
- Holiday Weekend Visitors Check Out Newly Reopened Royal Gorge Park
- Royal Gorge Opens To Public In Time For Labor Day Weekend
- Royal Gorge Bridge & Park Closes For Final Repairs
- Royal Gorge Bridge And Park Starts Weekend Tours
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Flashback Friday: Historic Heat Drives Record Wildfire Season In Colorado
- Brush Fire Breaks Out In Eastern Colorado Near Strasburg
- Beaver Creek Fire Could Burn For Weeks, Possibly Months
- Firefighters Work Through The Night To Contain Wildfire
- Better Mapping Puts Beaver Creek Fire At 5,368 Acres
- Winds, Beetle Kill Continue To Fuel Beaver Creek Fire Estimated At 7,000 Acres
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries