By Alex Darcey
The 2014 NFL season has begun and with training camps full steam ahead, what better time to predict this year’s Super Bowl champions. Not many people would have predicted the Seahawks going all the way in 2013 but they surprised everyone by pouching the Broncos in one of the most lopsided Super Bowl victories in NFL history. This year the Hawks losy some key players to free agency and salary cap cuts so it will be very difficult for them to repeat, so here are five teams I believe have the best chance at hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy come February.
5. Philadelphia Eagles – Chip Kelly has a solid NFL season under his belt, Foles showed he can be great and they have one of the best backfields in the league with Sproles and McCoy.
4. Denver Broncos – With Peyton Manning at the helm they are built for a Super Bowl or bust year.
3. Cincinnati Bengals – An all around solid team, equipped with a good defense and have one of the best receivers in the game with AJ Green along with other high-powered offensive weapons like Andy Dalton and Giovani Bernard.
2. Green Bay Packers – If Rodgers didn’t go down with a broken collar bone this team would of made a run last season, so with a healthy Rodgers calling the shots look for them to go deep this season.
1. San Francisco 49ers – Touting impenetrable defense and a productive offense manned by one of the best athletes in the NFL, look for Coach Harbaugh to go all the way and win it this year.