Alkali Fire Could Be Fully Contained By Sunday
CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfire Danger Continues To Grow In Colorado
- Rifle Range Fire In Grand County 80 Percent Contained
- ‘The Wind Is Not Helping’ The Stubborn Rifle Range Fire In Grand County
- Wildfire Haze In Colorado Could Stick Around For Weeks
- Brush Fire In Byers Canyon In Grand County Grows To 568 Acres
- Tossed Cigarette Believed To Have Caused Grass Fire Near Golden
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)