CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Feds Announce $10 Million For Wildfire Projects In Colorado, 11 Other States
- Largest Firefighting Aircraft In U.S. Flies Into Colorado Springs
- Crews At Peterson AFB Get Aircraft Ready For Wildfire Season
- Forest Service: 2016 Wildfire Season Expected To Be Less Severe
- Colorado To Forecast 2016 Wildfire Season After 2 Mild Years
- Grass Fire Forces 9 Homes To Evacuate In Colorado Springs
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)