CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- ‘We Don’t Control These Things’: Wildfire Recovery Could Take Years
- Wind Speeds A Concern After Grass Fire Breaks Out In Colorado Springs
- Colorado Sends 20 Fire Engines And Their Crews To Help In California
- California Firefighters Say They Finally ‘Turned A Corner’
- Family Flees To Colorado During California Wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Sends Up Plume Of Smoke At Arsenal
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)