Alkali Fire Could Be Fully Contained By Sunday
CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfires In Canada Cause Air Quality Advisory In Colorado
- Fireworks Suspected In Brush Fire In Grand Junction
- With No New Growth, Firefighters Scale Back At Moffat County Wildfire
- Wildfire On Dinosaur National Monument Property Estimated At 400 Acres
- Newly-Trained Firefighters From Colorado Headed To Alaska
- Smokey Skies Over Colorado Caused By Western Wildfires
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)