Alkali Fire Could Be Fully Contained By Sunday
CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- No Criminal Charges In Black Forest Fire — For Now
- Fire Officials Excited About Drones’ Potential
- Study: Front Range Fires Not Getting More Severe
- Colorado Red Cross Workers Head To California To Help Wildfire Victims
- Infrared Technology Aboard Planes Will Help Crews Fight Wildfires
- Governor Tours Colorado Natural Disaster Sites
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)