Alkali Fire Could Be Fully Contained By Sunday
CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wyoming Ranchers Sue Over Fire Touched Off By Colorado Guard
- Colorado Considers System To Predict Fire, Flood Behavior
- 174 Record Temperatures In 15 Days Taking Toll On Colorado’s Snowpack
- Multiple Brush Fires Bring Important Reminder
- Structures Burn In Brush Fire East Of Wellington
- Woman Won’t Charge $7 Billion For Goats To Clean Up Weeds At Rocky Flats
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)