CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- 18-Year-Olds Arrested, Accused Of Lighting Fireworks That Started Wildfire
- Wildfire Fears In Jefferson County: ‘I’ve Never Seen A Winter Like This’
- Brush Fire Claims Building & Vehicles, Closes Highway For Hours
- Firefighters Contain Fire Burning In Deer Creek Canyon That Destroyed Cabin
- Series Of Suspicious Wildfires Could Be Linked
- Sunshine Fire Began Near Transient Camp
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)