Alkali Fire Could Be Fully Contained By Sunday
CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- 2 Military Planes From Colorado Arrive In California To Fight Wildfires
- Colorado Sending Aircraft To Help California & Oregon Fight Wildfires
- Brush Fire In Greeley Melts Property Owner’s Fence
- Grass Fire Near Loveland Under Control Before It Could Threaten Homes
- Several More Days To Contain Red Canyon Wildfire
- Firefighters Headed For Canada To Fight Wildfires
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)