CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Evacuations Ordered, Structure Burns In Wildfire
- Wildfire Claims 1 Structure And 2 Vehicles
- Fire Bans In Effect In Several Areas On Colorado’s Front Range
- Concerns Heightened After 2 Small Overnight Wildfires
- Small Wildfire Quickly Brought Under Control In Jefferson County
- Video Shows Grass Fire Coming Dangerously Close To Homes
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)