CRAIG, Colo. (AP) — Firefighters hope to have a 32-square-mile wildfire in northwestern Colorado fully contained by Sunday.
The Alkali Fire, burning on mostly private land near Maybell, was listed as 75 percent contained Saturday.
The fire killed three cattle, destroyed a cabin, barn and propane tank. The cause is still under investigation.
Firefighters are also moving closer to fully containing a 276-acre wildfire, the Carl’s Hole Fire, about 30 miles west of Meeker. It was started Tuesday night by lightning.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Man Admits To Starting Wildfire That Closed I-70
- Western Slope Wildfire Closes I-70 3 Different Times
- Crews Make Progress 41,000 Acre Wildfire
- Wildfire Closes I-70 Near Fruita
- Wildfire Fanned By Strong Winds Has Burned 10 Homes
- Calmer Weather Should Help Fight Against Southern Colorado Wildfires
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Living With Wildfire section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)