STATELINE, Nev. (CBS4) – Summer break for the Denver Broncos is winding down, and Broncos Head Coach John Fox and Vice President of Football Operations/General Manager John Elway traveled to Nevada for their last free weekend for a while.
The two Broncos leaders are competing in the American Century Celebrity Golf Championship at Lake Tahoe, and they each took a timeout to talk Broncos.
Fox told CBS4 in a satellite interview he knows teams will be gunning for the Broncos this year with all the talent on their roster.
“People live up or down to expectations. I like that expectations are high, and we’re excited for the season to begin,” he said.
When asked if he is sick of people bringing up last season’s dismal Super Bowl loss, Fox responded:
“I think unless you win the last game there’s going to be disappointment. Two years ago in the divisional round we lost to the Ravens. That was just as disappointing, so we got a little further this year. We’ve got a little further this coming season (to go),” Fox said.
The Broncos have gone through a lot of changes in the offseason and Elway said he hopes “we’re one game better than we were last year.”
“Last year was a tremendous year and we feel like we got better this offseason,” Elway said. “We had a tremendous offseason. The OTAs were great. We look forward to going to camp on Wednesday. We’ve got a tough schedule but hopefully we can go out and play like we did last year.”
One defensive player the Broncos will be happy to have back soon is defensive back Chris Harris, Jr.
“He’s extremely competitive and his rehab has gone really well,” Fox said of Harris. “Greek (Steve) Antonopulos, our trainer, said his progress has gone very well the way he attacks things.”
“With all those (injured) guys coming back there’s been a lot of hard work and kudos to them for putting in that hard work, but we’re very pleased to have him back,” he said.
- DeMarcus Ware Returns To Practice Wednesday
- Report Card: Broncos Grades In Monday’s Win Range From A To C-
- Fowler: Balance ‘Very Important’ For Broncos Offense
- 4 Questions Heading Into Week 8 For CBS4’s Fantasy Football Pro
- Broncos Opponent Profile: Surging Bolts Not A Team To Be Underestimated
- Police Need Help Finding Men Who Stole DeMarcus Ware’s Super Bowl Ring
- Man Who Fell To Death At Stadium Leaves Behind 5 Children
- Broncos Back To Winning Ways With Kubiak Back On Sideline