Woodland Park Mayor Resigns Amid Assault Allegations
WOODLAND PARK, Colo. (AP) – Woodland Park’s mayor has resigned amid allegations that he inappropriately touched a 17-year-old boy in a hot tub at his home.
In a statement issued Monday, David Turley maintained his innocence and said he would fight the allegations in court.
The 65-year-old was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a child in May. Court documents in the case also say he repeatedly photographed the boy and kept the photos on a laptop at his home.
The Gazette reports that Turley’s resignation comes as some voters are pursue a recall petition against him.
- Woodland Park Mayor Resigns Amid Assault Allegations
- Woodland Park Mayor Sex Assault Accusations Include Hot Tub Incident
- Woodland Park Mayor In Court On Sex Abuse Charges
- Woodland Park Mayor Accused Of Sexual Assault
- Woodland Park Mayor Accused Of Sexual Assault On A Child
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)