Wildfire Burning Near Bayfield Closes Campground
BAYFIELD, Colo. (AP) — More firefighters are being called in to fight a small wildfire burning in southwestern Colorado.
A total of 60 people, including a hot shot crew, were expected to be fighting the KV Fire on Friday. The fire is estimated to be burning on about 10 acres in the San Juan National Forest between Bayfield and Pagosa Springs.
It isn’t threatening any homes but the Lower Piedra campground has been evacuated as a precaution.
It’s one of six fires that were started by lightning Wednesday night. Firefighters have been able to contain all of the others.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wyoming Ranchers Sue Over Fire Touched Off By Colorado Guard
- Colorado Considers System To Predict Fire, Flood Behavior
- 174 Record Temperatures In 15 Days Taking Toll On Colorado’s Snowpack
- Multiple Brush Fires Bring Important Reminder
- Structures Burn In Brush Fire East Of Wellington
- Woman Won’t Charge $7 Billion For Goats To Clean Up Weeds At Rocky Flats
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries