Wildfire Burning Near Bayfield Closes Campground
BAYFIELD, Colo. (AP) — More firefighters are being called in to fight a small wildfire burning in southwestern Colorado.
A total of 60 people, including a hot shot crew, were expected to be fighting the KV Fire on Friday. The fire is estimated to be burning on about 10 acres in the San Juan National Forest between Bayfield and Pagosa Springs.
It isn’t threatening any homes but the Lower Piedra campground has been evacuated as a precaution.
It’s one of six fires that were started by lightning Wednesday night. Firefighters have been able to contain all of the others.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfire Danger Continues To Grow In Colorado
- Rifle Range Fire In Grand County 80 Percent Contained
- ‘The Wind Is Not Helping’ The Stubborn Rifle Range Fire In Grand County
- Wildfire Haze In Colorado Could Stick Around For Weeks
- Brush Fire In Byers Canyon In Grand County Grows To 568 Acres
- Tossed Cigarette Believed To Have Caused Grass Fire Near Golden
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries