BAYFIELD, Colo. (AP) — More firefighters are being called in to fight a small wildfire burning in southwestern Colorado.
A total of 60 people, including a hot shot crew, were expected to be fighting the KV Fire on Friday. The fire is estimated to be burning on about 10 acres in the San Juan National Forest between Bayfield and Pagosa Springs.
It isn’t threatening any homes but the Lower Piedra campground has been evacuated as a precaution.
It’s one of six fires that were started by lightning Wednesday night. Firefighters have been able to contain all of the others.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Neighborhood On Edge After Series Of Suspicious Fires
- Marshal On Green Mountain Fires: ‘We’ve Eliminated All Natural Causes’
- Cause Of Fire On Green Mountain Remains Under Investigation
- Fire Breaks Out On Green Mountain In Lakewood
- Cold Springs Fire Starters Ordered To Pay $1 Million
- Beaver Creek Fire Continues To Smolder Despite Snow
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries