The following was released by the Denver Police Department pertaining to President Obama’s visit to Denver on Wednesday:
The Denver Police Department announces traffic delays for the Presidential visit. All times are approximates and subject to change.
Traffic Delays and Closures:
Wednesday, July 9, 2014:
– 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – Road closures and delays in the northeast part of Denver
– 8:30 a.m. until after the President’s speech – Bicycle paths and running paths at Cheesman Park will be closed.
– Drivers should expect delays when traveling near Cheesman Park during the President’s arrival and departure
– Mid-day until early afternoon – Downtown Denver will also experience delays and road closures as the President travels about the city.
– Late afternoon – Delays along the I-70 corridor within Denver city limits