NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire investigators are examining evidence that a grass fire may have been started by children playing with fireworks.
The grass fire broke out about 3:25 p.m. near Stonehocker Park in Northglenn, next to the Thornton Recreation Center.
The fire burned next to a neighborhood but the flames never reached the homes.
Copter4 flew over the fire that burned a large patch of grass.
Police in Northglenn are investigating reports that there were children playing with fireworks in the area just before the fire started.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Winter Valley Fire Explodes In Size Overnight
- Campground Evacuated, Fire Burns Near Dinosaur National Monument
- Tenderfoot 2 Fire Started From Power Pole Insulator Failure
- Firefighters Gain ‘Upper Hand’ Over Tenderfoot 2 Fire, But Have Warning
- Tenderfoot 2 Fire Grows to 25 Acres
- Wildfire Breaks Out In Dillon Above Highway 6
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries