NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire investigators are examining evidence that a grass fire may have been started by children playing with fireworks.
The grass fire broke out about 3:25 p.m. near Stonehocker Park in Northglenn, next to the Thornton Recreation Center.
The fire burned next to a neighborhood but the flames never reached the homes.
Copter4 flew over the fire that burned a large patch of grass.
Police in Northglenn are investigating reports that there were children playing with fireworks in the area just before the fire started.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- National Stories That Made Headlines In 2017
- Grass Fire Puts Up A Lot Of Smoke Near Mead
- House Burns Down In The Foothills
- Firefighter Dies Battling Huge California Wildfire
- West Metro Firefighters Help Thirsty Dog Near California Wildfires
- Video: Panicked Man Rescues Rabbit From California Wildfire
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries