NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire investigators are examining evidence that a grass fire may have been started by children playing with fireworks.
The grass fire broke out about 3:25 p.m. near Stonehocker Park in Northglenn, next to the Thornton Recreation Center.
The fire burned next to a neighborhood but the flames never reached the homes.
Copter4 flew over the fire that burned a large patch of grass.
Police in Northglenn are investigating reports that there were children playing with fireworks in the area just before the fire started.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfire Fears In Jefferson County: ‘I’ve Never Seen A Winter Like This’
- Brush Fire Claims Building & Vehicles, Closes Highway For Hours
- Firefighters Contain Fire Burning In Deer Creek Canyon That Destroyed Cabin
- Series Of Suspicious Wildfires Could Be Linked
- Sunshine Fire Began Near Transient Camp
- Resident: Trees In Sunshine Fire Would ‘Ignite Like A Rocket’
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries