NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire investigators are examining evidence that a grass fire may have been started by children playing with fireworks.
The grass fire broke out about 3:25 p.m. near Stonehocker Park in Northglenn, next to the Thornton Recreation Center.
The fire burned next to a neighborhood but the flames never reached the homes.
Copter4 flew over the fire that burned a large patch of grass.
Police in Northglenn are investigating reports that there were children playing with fireworks in the area just before the fire started.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Neighborhood On Edge After Series Of Suspicious Fires
- Marshal On Green Mountain Fires: ‘We’ve Eliminated All Natural Causes’
- Cause Of Fire On Green Mountain Remains Under Investigation
- Fire Breaks Out On Green Mountain In Lakewood
- Cold Springs Fire Starters Ordered To Pay $1 Million
- Beaver Creek Fire Continues To Smolder Despite Snow
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries