NORTHGLENN, Colo. (CBS4)– Fire investigators are examining evidence that a grass fire may have been started by children playing with fireworks.
The grass fire broke out about 3:25 p.m. near Stonehocker Park in Northglenn, next to the Thornton Recreation Center.
The fire burned next to a neighborhood but the flames never reached the homes.
Copter4 flew over the fire that burned a large patch of grass.
Police in Northglenn are investigating reports that there were children playing with fireworks in the area just before the fire started.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Man Admits To Starting Wildfire That Closed I-70
- Western Slope Wildfire Closes I-70 3 Different Times
- Crews Make Progress 41,000 Acre Wildfire
- Wildfire Closes I-70 Near Fruita
- Wildfire Fanned By Strong Winds Has Burned 10 Homes
- Calmer Weather Should Help Fight Against Southern Colorado Wildfires
RELATED: CBS4 Special- Living With Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries