Crews Fighting Brush Fire Near Arapahoe County Fairgrounds
ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)- Firefighters rushed to put out a fire burning near the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds. The fire burned about one-half acre before crews put it out.
The fire broke out just before 4:30 p.m. in a grassy field with trees east of the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds at Quincy and Powhaton.
Firefighters had to walk to reach the fire. The terrain was too steep for crews to drive to the blaze. They had to use hand tools to fight the fire.
No structures were threatened by the fire.
Copter4 flew over the fire where it was putting out a lot of smoke and turning the grass black.
What caused the fire is being investigated.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Crews Battle Wildfires During Saturday’s Warm, Windy Conditions
- Prescribed Burns Planned On Federal Land In San Luis Valley
- Report Says Beetles Don’t Make Forests More Likely To Burn
- Prescribed Burns Postponed At Rocky Mountain Arsenal Refuge
- Heat Breaking Colorado Weather Records, Raising Fire Danger
- 12-Year-Old Boy Issued Summons For Starting Brush Fire Near Aurora Reservoir
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries