ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– Firefighters rushed to put out a fire burning near the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds. The fire burned about one-half acre before crews put it out.
The fire broke out just before 4:30 p.m. in a grassy field with trees east of the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds at Quincy and Powhaton.
Firefighters had to walk to reach the fire. The terrain was too steep for crews to drive to the blaze. They had to use hand tools to fight the fire.
No structures were threatened by the fire.
Copter4 flew over the fire where it was putting out a lot of smoke and turning the grass black.
What caused the fire is being investigated.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Beaver Creek Fire Near Colorado-Wyoming Border Burns Cabin
- Crews Quickly Gain Upper Hand On Fire That Threatened Structures
- Delaware Firefighters Head To Colorado To Battle Wildfires
- Crews Contain Wildfire On Table Mountain Near Golden
- Wildfire Contained After Burning 30 Acres Near Carter Lake
- Trout Species Threatened Inside Hayden Pass Fire Burn Area
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries