ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– Firefighters rushed to put out a fire burning near the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds. The fire burned about one-half acre before crews put it out.
The fire broke out just before 4:30 p.m. in a grassy field with trees east of the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds at Quincy and Powhaton.
Firefighters had to walk to reach the fire. The terrain was too steep for crews to drive to the blaze. They had to use hand tools to fight the fire.
No structures were threatened by the fire.
Copter4 flew over the fire where it was putting out a lot of smoke and turning the grass black.
What caused the fire is being investigated.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Sends 20 Fire Engines And Their Crews To Help In California
- California Firefighters Say They Finally ‘Turned A Corner’
- Family Flees To Colorado During California Wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Sends Up Plume Of Smoke At Arsenal
- ‘Only The Brave’ Screens In Denver, Memorializes Lost Firefighters
- Colorado Firefighters Ready To Deploy To California
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries