ARAPAHOE COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– Firefighters rushed to put out a fire burning near the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds. The fire burned about one-half acre before crews put it out.
The fire broke out just before 4:30 p.m. in a grassy field with trees east of the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds at Quincy and Powhaton.
Firefighters had to walk to reach the fire. The terrain was too steep for crews to drive to the blaze. They had to use hand tools to fight the fire.
No structures were threatened by the fire.
Copter4 flew over the fire where it was putting out a lot of smoke and turning the grass black.
What caused the fire is being investigated.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Evacuee Sad To Learn Fire Was Allegedly Result Of ‘Messing Around’
- 18-Year-Olds Arrested, Accused Of Lighting Fireworks That Started Wildfire
- Wildfire Fears In Jefferson County: ‘I’ve Never Seen A Winter Like This’
- Brush Fire Claims Building & Vehicles, Closes Highway For Hours
- Firefighters Contain Fire Burning In Deer Creek Canyon That Destroyed Cabin
- Series Of Suspicious Wildfires Could Be Linked
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries