Man To Be Sentenced In Denver Murder And Brazen Kidnapping
DENVER (CBS4) – A Denver man who murdered a man and kidnapped a Denver shopping mall guard could spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Earlier this month a jury found William Lornes guilty of murder, kidnapping, robbery and vehicle theft. He was set to be sentenced Friday afternoon.
Lornes kidnapped a security guard from the Cherry Creek Mall parking lot and murdered a 73-year-old man in 2011.
Investigators say Lornes confonted Gerald Schwartzman in a King Soopers parking lot, stole his car and then later killed him and left his body in a dumpster.
It was just a few hours later that Lornes kidnapped the security guard and forced her to drive him around at gunpoint and then locked her in a trunk.
She was able to escape.
Lorens crashed the stolen vehicle and then showed up at a bed and breakfast in Morrison and called for a cab. Police then spotted Lornes in that taxi and arrested him.
- Man Sentenced To Maximum In Denver Murder And Brazen Kidnapping
- Man To Be Sentenced In Denver Murder And Brazen Kidnapping
- Man Found Guilty Of Kidnapping & Murder In Denver
- Cab Driver Talks About Giving Ride To Murder Suspect
- Lottery Ticket Helped Investigators Tie Together Case Against Crime Spree Suspect
- Man Charged In Kidnapping, Car Theft In Denver
- Suspect Accused In Deadly Crime Spree Stopped At B&B
- Family Releases Statement About Man Found In Dumpster