Authorities Search Landfill In Effort To Find Missing Woman’s Remains
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Copter4 flew over a landfill in Commerce City on Monday and captured video of the search for the remains of a missing Pueblo woman.
Multiple police agencies are searching through piles of garbage in an effort to find the remains of Lea Chali Porter, 19.
Despite the fact that there has been no body found, Christopher Waide, 23, of Westminster, faces charges that include first-degree murder, sexual assault and tampering with evidence. Waide allegedly confessed to the crime.
Porter was visiting Waide at his apartment earlier this month when she disappeared. Her car was still sitting in the parking lot outside the apartment but her personal possessions were gone. Porter hadn’t used her cellphone since June 3 and her social media accounts and credit cards haven’t been active since then.
Waide waived his right to a preliminary hearing in court last Friday. He is due back in court on July 8.
- Westminster Man Accused Of Murdering Pueblo Teen Avoids Entering A Plea
- Man Accused Of Killing 19-Year-Old Lea Porter In Westminster To Enter A Plea
- Man Charged In Pueblo Teen’s Death In Court
- Authorities Search Landfill In Effort To Find Missing Woman’s Remains
- With No Body Found, Porter’s Boyfriend Says He’s Holding Out Hope
- Man Charged With Murder Of Pueblo Woman Who Remains Missing
- Missing Pueblo Woman’s Stepfather: ‘I Want Him To Suffer’
- Murder Suspect Assisting With Search For Victim, Police Say