2nd Suspect Arrested In Summit County Machete Attack Case
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. (CBS4) – A second person has been arrested in a Summit County attempted murder case.
At the center of the investigation is Tyrus Vanmatre, 20, of Littleton, who faces attempted murder charges after police say he lured an 18-year-old victim into the woods at night with the intention of killing him.
The victim, who is from Wyoming, was allegedly slashed with a machete. He was apparently able to get away after the assault began and hide in the woods. He was eventually found on June 17 by an officer walking down a road and was covered in blood.
On Monday authorities announced they have arrested another person in the case. That arrest took place in a courtroom on Monday morning. That person was described as being a 16-year-old, but their identity, and information about their role in the attack, has not been made public.
A judge ordered all records on the case be sealed for at least a week.
Vanmatre, an aspiring model, is recovering from injuries he received when the victim allegedly fought back during the attack. He made his first appearance in court from his hospital bed at St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood.
- Machete Attack Victim Accused By Suspect’s Mother Of Firing Gun
- Machete Attack Survivor Says He’s ‘Not Led To Slaughter Easily’
- Machete Attack On Teen In Summit County May Have Been About Money
- 2nd Suspect Arrested In Summit County Machete Attack Case
- Aspiring Model Arrested After Summit County Machete Attack