In what was already a brutal match between Italy and Uruguay in the World Cup Tuesday, notorious soccer menace Luis Suarez was at it again.
In almost the 80th minute, Suarez appeared to bite Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini on the shoulder. Uruguay went on to score a goal one minute later, beat Italy and move on to the next round.
Suarez, who’s been suspended twice before for biting and could be out for the rest of the tourney, is currently starring on social media. I mean if one player bites another at the World cup, you’re gonna get some attention.
Here are 15 brilliant Tweets about the Suarez World Cup Snack.
15. Who doesn’t love a good ‘Silence of the Lambs’ reference?
Does anyone know if Luis Suarez likes Chianti & Fava Beans?—
#Nats in 2014! (@NatsBandwagon) June 24, 2014
14. Well, if the cone fits.
Luis Suarez should wear one of these next season http://t.co/sPPSkmJcoF—
(@medzzzx) June 24, 2014
13. We’ve got old school Dracula references…
Luis Suarez's dad shows his anger to the allegations that he bit another player again!! 😆😆😆😆 http://t.co/KjSrHm1P8L—
Noel Hunt (@boyhunt) June 24, 2014
12. And a modern day vampire twist.
Luis Suarez is obviously a vampire. http://t.co/DB8YD0Wh2F—
Epic Football (@TheEpicFootball) June 24, 2014
11. Any excuse to reference zombies, no?
The Walking Suarez http://t.co/pWZX2Ls5hi—
Footy Humour (@FootyHumour) June 24, 2014
10. The double entendre. Nice.
Hat-trick for Suarez http://t.co/yxWTVMxix1—
We Are Liverpool (@ShanksWasBoss) June 24, 2014
9. Then there’s the chowing down jokes, meme style...
Suarez be like... http://t.co/k1QJaGmgnS—
Sports Memes (@SportsMemes2014) June 24, 2014
8. And one-liners. Try the veal.
To be fair to Luis Suarez, I can’t resist an Italian sub either.—
Jason O. Gilbert (@gilbertjasono) June 24, 2014
7. Hunger Games?
OldSparky (@EunoiaEuphoria) June 24, 2014
6. See, who doesn’t love a good ‘Silence of the Lambs’ reference?
Luis Suarez first day at school http://t.co/z6ZQMmxXe7—
Monkey Sponge (@monkey_sponge) June 24, 2014
5. Even kids are getting in on the act.
Honest Toddler (@HonestToddler) June 24, 2014
4. Wish I had made this astute sports media observation, first.
Can you imagine if Luis Suarez bit LeBron James? They'd create entire news channels just for that.—
Cristian Nyari (@Cnyari) June 24, 2014
3. We’re going to need a bigger football field?
ChristopherDReed (@Chrisreed619) June 24, 2014
2. Of course, there were the obvious Mike Tyson jokes.
Mulayam Singh Yadav (@AapGhumaKeLeyLo) June 24, 2014
1. But, I think Evander Holyfield won the internet with his observation. Do you think he invited Chiellini to lunch?
I guess any part of the body is up for eating.—
Evander Holyfield (@holyfield) June 24, 2014
If you like this list, check out the Top 5 Thrilling Finishes In The World Cup So Far.