Professional golfer Michelle Wie finally lived up to over a decade of expectations on Sunday, when at 24 years old, she won the first major championship of her career: The 2014 Women’s Open.
Wie also won social media when she started posting photos and videos of a major celebration that included drinking from the trophy and twerking. Alas, those twerking videos have since been removed. From the looks of it, both Tiger Woods and John Daly have a little competition.
Here are 14 other interesting tidbits I learned from Michelle Wie’s Instagram account.
1. Wie Is From Hawaii.
2. And she was a really chubby baby.
3. She adores her dad, but they argue all the time.
4. She sleeps with her dog.
5. Wie graduated from Stanford, that means she’s pretty darn smart.
6. But, she still has a silly side.
7. Wie used to love bread. A lot.
8. But now she’s Gluten Free.
9. Wie will eat Texas Bar-B-Cue, however.
10. And live squid without so much as a squirm.
11. She’s pretty well traveled.
12. Has donned hair extensions.
13. Recently threw out the first “pitch” at the San Francisco Giants Game.
14. And finally, she has major sponsors like Nike and Kia. Which is why, I’m totally guessing, the aforementioned “twerking videos” were removed.
And if you liked this story, you may want to check out the 9 U.S. Open Golf Pants That Need A Quiet Sign.