ESTES PARK, Colo. (CBS4) – A small wildfire broke out in the Estes Park area on Friday.
Authorities were calling the fire, which was only about 2 acres, the Granite Gulch Fire.
Copter4 flew over the fire and showed some firefighters on the ground trying to contain the blaze in the early evening.
A helicopter could also be seen making water drops on the fire.
The fire is burning on U.S. Forest Service land.
No structures were threatened by the fire and officials said they expected crews would get control of the fire quickly.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Strong Winds Fuel Fire At Cherry Creek State Park
- Firefighters Battle Brush Fire Near Longmont In High Winds
- Crews Contain Bobcat Powerline Fire
- Weather Conditions Help Firefighters In Larimer County
- Grass Fire Burns Near Walsenburg
- Strong Wind Gusts Fuel Wildfire Burning In Larimer County
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries