ESTES PARK, Colo. (CBS4) – A small wildfire broke out in the Estes Park area on Friday.
Authorities were calling the fire, which was only about 2 acres, the Granite Gulch Fire.
Copter4 flew over the fire and showed some firefighters on the ground trying to contain the blaze in the early evening.
A helicopter could also be seen making water drops on the fire.
The fire is burning on U.S. Forest Service land.
No structures were threatened by the fire and officials said they expected crews would get control of the fire quickly.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Crews Contain Wildfire On Table Mountain Near Golden
- Wildfire Contained After Burning 30 Acres Near Carter Lake
- Trout Species Threatened Inside Hayden Pass Fire Burn Area
- Firefighter Safety A Top Priority As Beaver Creek Fire Continues To Burn
- Most Hayden Pass Fire Evacuees Allowed Back Home
- Crews Fully Contain 2 Smaller Wildfires Near Eagle And Durango
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries