Convicted Sex Offender Formally Charged For Alleged Kidnap Attempt
GOLDEN, Colo. (CBS4) – Kidnapping and assault charges have been formally filed against a previously convicted sex offender accused of kidnapping a 10-year-old girl last week.
The attack happened on June 11 near 29th and Chase in Wheat Ridge while the girl was walking her dog.
Dennis James Willmore Jr., 35, allegedly carried the girl kicking and screaming into an alley. He then allegedly put his hand over her mouth and dragged her behind a dumpster.
The victim was able to scream and fight off the man.
Police arrested Willmore later in the day using the victim’s description. Willmore lives in the same neighborhood as the child.
Prosecutors allege that Willmore was trying to kidnap and sexually assault the girl. He appeared on Wednesday through a video link from jail and faces the following charges:
– Second Degree Kidnapping (F3)
– Second Degree Assault – Deadly Weapon (F4)
– Felony Menacing (F5)
– Attempted Sexual Assault of a Child (F4)
– two counts of Third Degree Assault
– Crime of Violence (sentence enhancer)
– Habitual Sex Offender Against Children (sentence enhancer)
Willmore is now being held on a $100,000 cash bond. His preliminary hearing is set for June 25.