3 Wildfires Handled By Firefighters On Tuesday
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Neighbors Count On Goats’ Hearty Appetite To Keep Them Safe
- Colorado Firefighters Help Out Other States, ‘Focus On Home’
- Wildfire In Golden Gate Canyon Gets Close To Some Homes
- 3 Grass Fires On Tuesday Could Be Sign Of Things To Come
- Grass Fire At Fort Carson Can Be Seen For Miles
- Crews Contain 1,500-Acre Brush Fire Near Agate In Elbert County
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries