COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Evacuee Sad To Learn Fire Was Allegedly Result Of ‘Messing Around’
- 18-Year-Olds Arrested, Accused Of Lighting Fireworks That Started Wildfire
- Wildfire Fears In Jefferson County: ‘I’ve Never Seen A Winter Like This’
- Brush Fire Claims Building & Vehicles, Closes Highway For Hours
- Firefighters Contain Fire Burning In Deer Creek Canyon That Destroyed Cabin
- Series Of Suspicious Wildfires Could Be Linked
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries