COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- West Metro Firefighters Help Thirsty Dog Near California Wildfires
- Video: Panicked Man Rescues Rabbit From California Wildfire
- Flames Spark 911 Calls While Fire Crews Work On Controlled Burn
- Fire Danger Elevated As Drought Expands Across Colorado
- Fire Burning In Longmont Park 90% Contained
- ‘We Don’t Control These Things’: Wildfire Recovery Could Take Years
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries