COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Crews Extend Lines At Colorado Fire, Containment 60 Percent
- Junkins Wildfire Now 50 Percent Contained
- Heat, Wind, Clear Skies Intensify Junkins Fire
- Arrest Made In Beaver Creek Fire Investigation
- Firefighters Hopeful About Battle Against Junkins Fire
- Some Wildfire Evacuees Near Beulah Allowed Back Home
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries