3 Wildfires Handled By Firefighters On Tuesday
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Investing In New Wildfire Prediction System
- Wildfire Season Briefing: ‘We’re Bringing New Tools To The Fight’
- Colorado Fire Managers To Release Outlook For Wildfire Season
- Hickenlooper Signs Wildfire Mitigation Bills In Durango
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 100 Percent Contained
- Wildfire Crews Gear Up For Fire Season
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries