COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Researchers To Embark On Large-Scale Wildfire Smoke Study
- Some High Plains Farmers Struggling After Fires, Drought
- Man Arrested In Connection With Wildfire That Killed Hundreds Of Cattle
- Colorado Fire Crews Help With Wildfire Burning On Florida-Georgia Line
- Arson Charges Filed In Highway 285 Fire
- Brush Fire Determined To Be Human-Caused
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries