COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Grass Fire Burns In Open Space
- Wood Pellet Plant Goes Up In Flames
- Lightning-Caused Wildfire Grows In Fremont County
- Full Containment Expected On Dead Dog Fire
- Dead Dog Fire Nearly 60% Contained
- As Wildfire Battles Continue, Remote Colorado Community Says ‘Thanks’
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries