COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Forest Service: Beaver Creek Fire Is Human-Caused
- Grass Fire Fueled By Strong Winds
- Wildland Crews Contain More Of Hertha Ridge Fire
- Full Containment Of Fire Near Parachute Expected By Day’s End
- Fire Crews Battle 80-Acre Brush Fire That Prompted Evacuations
- Brush Fire Grows Close To Apartments, Sets Off Smoke Alarms
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries