COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Beaver Creek Fire Grows To 9,114 Acres
- Beaver Creek Fire Grows To 6,235 Acres
- Flashback Friday: Historic Heat Drives Record Wildfire Season In Colorado
- Brush Fire Breaks Out In Eastern Colorado Near Strasburg
- Beaver Creek Fire Could Burn For Weeks, Possibly Months
- Firefighters Work Through The Night To Contain Wildfire
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries