3 Wildfires Handled By Firefighters On Tuesday
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Hot and windy weather is blamed for causing three wildfires on Tuesday, including this one in El Paso County.
The fire in Widefield burned 3 acres and it took 2 hours to get under control. Crews believe it is a case of arson.
In San Miguel County the sheriff’s office kept a close eye on a small fire. It took well into the evening to mop up the fire near Telluride.
Another 3 acre fire broke out southwest of Bailey and was put out by firefighters.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Colorado Wildlife Quadruples To 32 Square Miles
- 8,000-Acre Wildfire In Moffat County Claims 2 Buildings
- Colorado Red Cross Volunteers Head To Washington To Help Wildfire Victims
- Manitou Springs Residents Brace For More Flooding
- Wildfire Burning Near Bayfield Closes Campground
- Wildfire Breaks Out In SW Colorado, Campground Evacuated
- Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries