Police To Pot Shops: Beware Heists Against Marijuana Couriers
DENVER (CBS4) - Police are warning marijuana businesses about robbery plots targeting couriers who carry large amounts of cash and pot.
One dispensary owner said he’s worried about the alert but not shocked.
“It’s definitely a risky job,” Eli Foster of Green Cross Couriers told CBS4. “We carry some expensive products.”
Marijuana businesses are cash-only. Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed legislation Friday that will help pot businesses transition from an all-cash operation to a network of uninsured cooperatives. The state hopes that will remove the lure of robbing couriers and stores.
Police say they received credible information about the plots but wouldn’t elaborate on the information.
Foster’s five drivers make about 50 deliveries a day across the state. He tells his crew: Always stay under surveillance, park in the right spot, know where security cameras are located and watch out for anything sketchy.
Anyone with information about the plot is asked to call Denver police at (720) 913-2000. Remain anonymous and call Crime Stoppers at (720) 913-STOP (7867). Text to CRIMES (274637) then title DMCS and enter the message or send an e-mail to metro-denvercrimestoppers.com.
More Marijuana Legalization Stories
- Pot Industry Recommends Less THC In Edibles Than State Did
- DIA Rental Car Agencies Now Dumping Grounds For Pot
- Thornton Fire Blamed On Small Pot Growing Operation
- Bennet, Perlmutter Ask IRS To Waive Pot Tax Penalties
- Hash Oil Operators Charged After Being Burned In Explosion
- Avon Man Charged After Hash Oil Explosion At His Apartment
- 3 Charged After Hash Oil Explosion In Denver