Huerfano County Wildfire 100 Percent Contained
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova the fire was 100 percent contained Monday evening.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities lifted all evacuation orders.
Officials have not determined the cause of the fire but say it possibly was caused by a lightning strike.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Grass Fire Near Loveland Under Control Before It Could Threaten Homes
- Several More Days To Contain Red Canyon Wildfire
- Firefighters Headed For Canada To Fight Wildfires
- Smoke From Canadian Wildfires Largely Gone From Colorado
- Some Black Forest Residents Who Lost Their Homes Can No Longer Camp
- Canadian Wildfire Smoke Prompts Health Warning In Colorado
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)