WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova the fire was 100 percent contained Monday evening.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities lifted all evacuation orders.
Officials have not determined the cause of the fire but say it possibly was caused by a lightning strike.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Crews Contain Wildfire On Table Mountain Near Golden
- Wildfire Contained After Burning 30 Acres Near Carter Lake
- Trout Species Threatened Inside Hayden Pass Fire Burn Area
- Firefighter Safety A Top Priority As Beaver Creek Fire Continues To Burn
- Most Hayden Pass Fire Evacuees Allowed Back Home
- Crews Fully Contain 2 Smaller Wildfires Near Eagle And Durango
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)