Huerfano County Wildfire 100 Percent Contained
WALSENBURG, Colo. (AP) – Higher humidity and clouds have helped firefighters contain a 15-acre wildfire in southern Colorado.
No structures are threatened by the Four Mile Canyon Fire in Huerfano County. Spokeswoman Lori Cordova the fire was 100 percent contained Monday evening.
The fire was burning in the Blackhawk subdivision, about 10 miles west of the town of Aguilar on Interstate 25.
Cordova says authorities lifted all evacuation orders.
Officials have not determined the cause of the fire but say it possibly was caused by a lightning strike.
Latest Wildfire Reports
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 100 Percent Contained
- Wildfire Crews Gear Up For Fire Season
- Wildfire Burning Near Durango 60 Percent Contained
- Fire Danger Rises In Colorado Ahead Of Possible Relief
- Wildfires Burning Near Kenosha Pass, Durango
- Crews Training For Wildfires Say They Need To Work On Communication
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)