Federal Board Hears Lawsuit Filed Over New VA Hospital In Aurora
AURORA, Colo. (CBS4)– A federal board has begun hearing a lawsuit involving the new Veterans Administration hospital under construction in Aurora.
The new facility is being built at the Anschutz Medical Campus. It’s $500 million over budget and a year behind schedule.
The Civilian Board of Contract Appeals is considering a request from the main contractor, Kiewit Turner, to get out of its contract. Kiewit Turner claims the VA isn’t paying for the work done.
The VA is facing 23 lawsuits involving construction of the new hospital in Aurora.
MORE VA HOSPITAL STORIES
- VA Averts Construction Shutdown At Troubled Aurora Hospital
- Medical Marijuana For Veterans Group Pushes VA To Consider Treatment
- Senators In Colorado To Scrutinize Over-Budget VA Hospital
- Coffman Suspects Corruption With VA Hospital Cost, Delay
- Congress Asked To Raise Spending Cap For Denver VA Hospital
- Vet’s Care At Grand Junction VA Hospital Gets Closer Look Following His Death
- Construction Resumes On Aurora VA Medical Center
- VA Hospital Delays Frustrate Vets, Congress