AURORA, Colo. (CBS4)– A federal board has begun hearing a lawsuit involving the new Veterans Administration hospital under construction in Aurora.
The new facility is being built at the Anschutz Medical Campus. It’s $500 million over budget and a year behind schedule.
The Civilian Board of Contract Appeals is considering a request from the main contractor, Kiewit Turner, to get out of its contract. Kiewit Turner claims the VA isn’t paying for the work done.
The VA is facing 23 lawsuits involving construction of the new hospital in Aurora.
MORE VA HOSPITAL STORIES
- Report: Vet Who Died Received Inadequate Care From Grand Junction VA Hospital
- Injured Veteran Lobbies For VA To Pay For IVF
- Congressional Hearing Led By Rep. Coffman Examines Vets’ Pain Management
- Proposed Pilot Program Would Help Vets With PTSD Train Own Service Dogs
- Dying WWII Vet May Get To Be With Wife In Nursing Home
- VA Medical Centers Get Extra Help During ‘Access Stand Down’
- Hundreds Of Veterans Line Up For Free Marijuana In Show Of Protest
- Congress Near Another Short-Term Deal On Denver VA Hospital