AVON, Colo. (CBS4)– The Colorado State Trooper injured in a shootout on Interstate 70 earlier this month posed with local firefighters and runners.
The Eagle River Fire Protection District posted a picture with Trooper Eugene Hofacker on its Facebook page.
Firefighters and Special Olympics athletes ran by Hofacker’s home on Saturday for the Special Olympics Law Enforcement Torch Run and he came out to cheer them on.
They stopped to take a picture with Hofacker, who is still recovering from his injuries.
He was shot multiple times while trying to help a driver on the side of the road along I-70 near Dotsero.
Hofacker underwent several surgeries but is on the road to recovery.
MORE TROOPER SHOT STORIES
- Foundations Lend Support To Injured And Fallen Troopers
- State Trooper In Glenwood Canyon Shooting: ‘I Should Have Lost My Life’
- DA Says Trooper’s Actions Justified In Glenwood Canyon Shooting
- Trooper Wounded In Shootout Released From Hospital
- State Trooper Injured In Shootout Poses With Firefighters
- Man Who Shot State Trooper Was Awaiting Attempted Murder Trial
- Colorado Trooper Shooter Was Convicted Killer
- Wounded Colorado Trooper In Good Spirits, Talking