By Scott T. Sterling
This year’s Super Bowl was a particularly bitter pill for Denver Broncos fans to swallow. The Peyton Manning-led squad was systematically dismantled by the Seattle Seahawks, reflected in the lopsided final score of 43-8.
For Denver band The Fray, it was an especially tough slog, as the members performed at the Super Bowl Kickoff Spectacular event alongside Daughtry and the Goo Goo Dolls. Not only that, but they were graced with great seats for the game, where they endured the brutal on-field shellacking of their hometown heroes up close and personally.
“We’re Denver boys,” explained the Fray’s guitarist Joe King during an exclusive interview with the band’s frontman, Isaac Slade. “We grew up watching games and wishing we could go to games…We were Row 1 on the 20 yard line, there’s not a better seat,” he added in regards to the Super Bowl. “You could jump on the field to the most soul-crushing game I’ve ever seen. I’m still proud, it was just tough to watch. I was with my fiancé next to me, and I don’t think she’s ever seen me cave in like that where I just wouldn’t talk to her. It was hard to see.”
Watch King and Slade relive every heart-wrenching moment of Super Bowl XLVIII, as well as Slade finding something inspiring about their bitter rivals, the Seahawks, in the exclusive video clip above.
The Fray is currently on tour across North America in support of the band’s most recent album, Helios, which was released in February of this year.
Latest Broncos Stories
- In Colorado Interview, Clinton Doesn’t Rule Out Sending Guantanamo Bay Prisoners Here
- Colorado Crime Victims Lose Out After Raid On Federal Crime Victims Fund
- Hillary Clinton Talks Topics That Are Important To Colorado
- Hillary Clinton In Boulder: Saying ‘Illegal Immigrants’ Was Poor Word Choice
- Hillary Clinton Makes Series Of Campaign Stops In Colorado
- Swing State Colorado Mulls Universal Health Care Proposal
- AG Asks State Supreme Court To Dismiss Governor’s Complaint
- Colorado Attorney General To Respond To Governor’s Complaint
- Group Calls On Ranchers To Change Antibiotics In Livestock Usage
- ‘Sexting’ Is A Felony: Proposed Legislation Would Make Most Cases Misdemeanors
- Polis Joins With GOP To Tighten Rules For Syrian Refugees
- Poll: Hillary Clinton Trails All 3 Top Republicans In Head-To-Head Matchups In Colorado
- Hickenlooper Says Governors Blocking Syrian Refugees Is ‘Against The Law’
- Colorado Ballot Measure Proposes Redistricting Overhaul
- Hickenlooper Believes Relocating Syrian Refugees, Maintaining Safety Can Be Achieved