By Scott T. Sterling
This year’s Super Bowl was a particularly bitter pill for Denver Broncos fans to swallow. The Peyton Manning-led squad was systematically dismantled by the Seattle Seahawks, reflected in the lopsided final score of 43-8.
For Denver band The Fray, it was an especially tough slog, as the members performed at the Super Bowl Kickoff Spectacular event alongside Daughtry and the Goo Goo Dolls. Not only that, but they were graced with great seats for the game, where they endured the brutal on-field shellacking of their hometown heroes up close and personally.
“We’re Denver boys,” explained the Fray’s guitarist Joe King during an exclusive interview with the band’s frontman, Isaac Slade. “We grew up watching games and wishing we could go to games…We were Row 1 on the 20 yard line, there’s not a better seat,” he added in regards to the Super Bowl. “You could jump on the field to the most soul-crushing game I’ve ever seen. I’m still proud, it was just tough to watch. I was with my fiancé next to me, and I don’t think she’s ever seen me cave in like that where I just wouldn’t talk to her. It was hard to see.”
Watch King and Slade relive every heart-wrenching moment of Super Bowl XLVIII, as well as Slade finding something inspiring about their bitter rivals, the Seahawks, in the exclusive video clip above.
The Fray is currently on tour across North America in support of the band’s most recent album, Helios, which was released in February of this year.
Latest Broncos Stories
- Trump’s Approval Rating Drops To 32 Percent
- Trump Says His Agenda ‘Cannot Afford’ For Moore To Lose
- U.S. Ambassador To U.N. To Appear On Sunday’s Face The Nation
- Former Colorado GOP Chair Convicted Of Voter Fraud, Forgery
- Sen. Franken Resigns Amid Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct
- Vonn To ‘Represent The People Of U.S., Not The President’ At Olympics
- State Representative Saine Leaves Denver Jail
- Lawmaker Arrested After Loaded 9mm Found In Bag By TSA Agent
- Franken Expected To Resign Over Sexual Misconduct Allegations
- Sen. Bennet Calls For Sen. Franken To Resign
- New Greeley City Council Member Sued After Swearing In
- Hancock Receives Special Award From Conference Of Mayors
- Billy Bush to Trump: ‘Yes, you said that’
- Supreme Court To Hear Arguments On Gay Wedding Cake
- Trump Slams DOJ And FBI In Tweetstorm