Mitt Romney Endorses Beauprez In GOP Primary
DENVER (AP) — Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is endorsing Bob Beauprez as the Republican best-qualified to become Colorado’s next governor.
Romney issued his endorsement Tuesday. Beauprez is a former Congressman and one of four Republicans competing for the party’s nomination to challenge Democrat Gov. John Hickenlooper in November.
Romney said that, as a former governor, he thought Beauprez was best for the job.
Beauprez is running against former Rep. Tom Tancredo, Secretary of State Scott Gessler and former State Senator Mike Kopp.
More Campaign 2014 Stories
- Group Hits Rep. Coffman On ‘Dark’ Money
- Senator Visits Towns Rebuilding 1 Year After Flood
- Can Third Party Candidates Tap into Voter Anger?
- Hickenlooper, Beauprez Release Tax Returns
- Sen. Udall Questioned Over TV Debate Strategy
- Democrats Complain Of Gardner Violation
- Udall, Gardner Clash On Foreign Policy
- Udall Apologizes For Comments On Slain Hostages
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)