Mitt Romney Endorses Beauprez In GOP Primary
DENVER (AP) — Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is endorsing Bob Beauprez as the Republican best-qualified to become Colorado’s next governor.
Romney issued his endorsement Tuesday. Beauprez is a former Congressman and one of four Republicans competing for the party’s nomination to challenge Democrat Gov. John Hickenlooper in November.
Romney said that, as a former governor, he thought Beauprez was best for the job.
Beauprez is running against former Rep. Tom Tancredo, Secretary of State Scott Gessler and former State Senator Mike Kopp.
More Campaign 2014 Stories
- Christie To Hit 19 States, Including Colorado, In Final Midterm Stretch
- Republicans Courting Young Voters In This Election
- Jeb Bush Swipes At Hillary Clinton In Colorado
- Jeb Bush To Lead Rally For Colorado GOP Candidates
- GOP’s Colorado Lead Continues In Early Election Ballots
- Quinnipiac: Male Voters ‘Going Republican’ Give Beauprez Lead In Poll
- Jefferson County A Swing County That Could Hold Key To U.S. Power Balance
- Bill Clinton Holds 2nd Rally For Sen. Mark Udall
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)