Mitt Romney Endorses Beauprez In GOP Primary
DENVER (AP) — Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is endorsing Bob Beauprez as the Republican best-qualified to become Colorado’s next governor.
Romney issued his endorsement Tuesday. Beauprez is a former Congressman and one of four Republicans competing for the party’s nomination to challenge Democrat Gov. John Hickenlooper in November.
Romney said that, as a former governor, he thought Beauprez was best for the job.
Beauprez is running against former Rep. Tom Tancredo, Secretary of State Scott Gessler and former State Senator Mike Kopp.
More Campaign 2014 Stories
- DNC Chairwoman In Denver To Register Young Voters
- Senate Democrats’ Campaign Arm Starts Ads In Colorado
- Democrats Show Signs They Are Taking November Seriously
- GOP Renews Death Penalty Attacks On Hickenlooper
- Battle Over Flood Aid Roils Colorado Senate Race
- Candidates Clash In Colorado Congressional Debate
- Anti-Gardner Abortion Ad With Young Girl Crosses Line, His Supporters Say
- Hickenlooper Has Fundraising Edge Over Beauprez
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)