Mitt Romney Endorses Beauprez In GOP Primary
DENVER (AP) — Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is endorsing Bob Beauprez as the Republican best-qualified to become Colorado’s next governor.
Romney issued his endorsement Tuesday. Beauprez is a former Congressman and one of four Republicans competing for the party’s nomination to challenge Democrat Gov. John Hickenlooper in November.
Romney said that, as a former governor, he thought Beauprez was best for the job.
Beauprez is running against former Rep. Tom Tancredo, Secretary of State Scott Gessler and former State Senator Mike Kopp.
More Campaign 2014 Stories
- Jefferson County School Protests Roil Swing State Politics
- Hickenlooper, Beauprez Meet For Second Debate
- Romney Rallies With GOP Candidates In Colorado
- Colorado Candidates Face Off At Asian Community Public Policy Forum
- Bill Clinton Out Of Event For Colorado Democrats, But Calls In
- Colorado Senate Ad Contrasts Family Backgrounds
- TV Spending On Colorado Governor’s Race At Least $1.5 Million
- Romanoff, Coffman Bicker Over Personal Attacks In 6th CD Debate
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)