Peyton Manning Set To Appear On Letterman
Buy Broncos Tickets
DENVER (CBS4)- Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will sit down with CBS Late Show host David Letterman in his first talk show interview since the Super Bowl.
The 2014 NFL MVP will visit Letterman in New York on Monday, May 5. The Late Show is broadcast at 10:35 p.m. weekdays right after CBS4 News at 10.
This isn’t Manning’s first time on the Late Show, it’s the fourth time he has sat down with Letterman. He last visited the late-night talk show on Feb. 13, 2007 after he was named Super Bowl XLI MVP when he led the Indianapolis Colts to the championship.
Manning will visit with Letterman for the first talk show interview since Super Bowl XLVII on Feb. 2 when the Broncos were defeated by the Seattle Seahawks.
Manning was quarterback for the Indianapolis Colts, the team of which Letterman has been a long-time fan, for 11 seasons from 1998 to 2011, before signing with the Broncos in 2012.
He finished the 2013-2014 season with several career milestones, including a record fifth NFL MVP title, the most passing yards in a season (5,477), most touchdown passes in a season (55), most seasons with at least 4,000 passing yards (13) and was only the sixth player in NFL history to score seven touchdowns in one game.
In addition, this season he helped lead the Broncos to the highest-scoring offense in NFL history with 606 points, becoming the first team to ever score more than 600 points in a season.
MORE PEYTON MANNING STORIES
- Focus On Running Backs In Broncos-Bengals Monday Matchup
- Injury Report: Peyton Manning, Emmanuel Sanders Questionable Vs. Bengals
- Knighton Takes On Bigger Role In Denver This Season
- Manning Limited At Practice With Thigh Injury
- Top 10 Colorado Sports Stories Of 2014
- Moore: Peyton’s Block Showed ‘Heart, Toughness’
- Injuries Threatening Broncos Super Bowl Aspirations
- It Was An Orange Sunday In Sunny San Diego