Mother, Limo Driver Deny Supplying Booze To Teen Who Nearly Died
LONGMONT, Colo. (CBS4) – A Longmont mother says she doesn’t know how a group of teens got access to alcohol after a teenaged girl was found nearly dead from poisoning in the back of a limousine.
The woman paid for her daughter’s birthday celebration that included a limo ride. Inside that limo a 16-year-old girl nearly drank herself to death. Her blood alcohol level reached five times the legal limit and now police want to know where the teenagers got the alcohol.
The girl talked to CBS4’s Lauren DiSpirito and said there was already alcohol in the limo when she got in. She told DiSpirito somebody handed her a cup to drink, which she did.
“I didn’t see anybody drinking, I didn’t supply anybody with anything except soda,” said the mother, who didn’t want to be identified.
The mother hired a Loveland company called The Longest Limos to chauffer her 14-year-old daughter and friends around Longmont for two hours last Friday.
One of the girls in the limo that night spoke with CBS4 Investigator Rick Sallinger.
Girl: There (were) multiple types of alcohol on there.
Girl: Yeah, there was a lot of alcohol, actually.
“I think there was a vodka bottle and a Bud Light and a forty,” limo driver Ron Allen told CBS4.
At the end of the trip Allen said he found booze and a 16-year-old girl in the back of the limo who was very drunk.
“As soon as I got up in there I realized it wasn’t good, and so I called 911,” Allen said.
Both Allen and the woman who hired the limo said they didn’t supply the booze.
“There’s no way I could know or there’s no way my daughter could know or any of her friends where she got it,” the mother said.
The teen girl told DiSpirito that nurses told her that she was very close to death. She’s been released from the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
Police are still trying to pinpoint how the teens accessed the alcohol. Those responsible could face felony charges.