US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Hickenlooper Helps Flood-Damaged Towns Move Forward Faster
- Hickenlooper To Announce New Flood Aid Process
- Highway 36 Closed Between Lyons & Estes Park For More Repairs
- East Coast Teen Volunteers Help Fill Sandbags In Lyons
- More Water Restored To Residents Of Jamestown
- Rockygrass Festival Sign Of Recovery For Lyons
- Devastating Flooding Subject Of New Documentary