US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Forecasters: Computer Models Unclear In Last September’s Flooding
- Evacuees Airlifted During Floods Get Chance To Say Thanks
- HUD Grant Money To Help Victims Of Floods
- Glen Haven Family Returns Home 9 Months After Floods
- Poudre River Expected To Drop Near Greeley
- CDOT Once Again Inspecting Bridges Affected By Last September’s Flooding
- Needing $360,000, Lyons Firefighters To Run Bolder Boulder To Raise $$