US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- FEMA Asks Boulder Flood Victims To Return Duplicate Payments
- Rocky Mountain Park To Repair Flood-Damaged Trails
- Highway 34 Near Greeley Gets Repairs More Than A Year After Flooding
- Work On New Bridge Starts On U.S. 34 Near Greeley
- Hickenlooper Issues Flood Recovery Report
- FEMA Demands Money Back From Flood Victims
- Loveland’s ‘Cowboy Church’ Marks 1 Year Flood Anniversary