US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Flooding Concerns Surface For Some Boulder Residents After Rain, Snow
- Boulder To Test Warning Sirens Monday Morning
- Lyons Residents Vote Against Turning Open Space Into Affordable Housing
- Colorado Oil, Gas Regulators OK Rules To Limit Flood Damage
- Colorado Oil, Gas Regulators To Discuss Flooding Rules
- Colorado Considers System To Predict Fire, Flood Behavior
- Rocky Mountain National Park Celebrates 100th Anniversary