LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Colorado Agencies Remember Historic Flooding Ahead Of Irma
- First Flooding, Now Fire: Firefighter Faces Off With Mother Nature Again
- Road Destroyed In 2013 Flooding Reopens To Traffic
- Small Town Ravaged By Historic Floods Still Needs Help
- Controversy In Lyons: FBI Checking Into Flood Recovery Funds
- Questions Surround Federal Probe Into Lyons Flood Funding
- Flood Damage Repair Work Blamed For Massive Fish Kill On Big Thompson River