US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Old Fall River Road In RMNP Opens For First Time Since 2013 Flooding
- Rising Bear Creek Giving Evergreen Residents Flashbacks From 2013
- ‘Not Expecting This': Bear Creek Lake Getting Close To 2013 Flood Levels
- Local Museum Hit By 2013 Flood Bracing For This Week’s Crest
- Flood Restoration Crews: ‘Total Disaster’ With Water Damage
- Flooding St. Vrain River Forces Evacuations, Road Closures
- As Creek Levels Rise, Evergreen Residents Concerned