US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Longmont Fire Engine’s Legacy To Live On In Children’s Book
- Battle Over Flood Aid Roils Colorado Senate Race
- Red Cross Volunteer From Loveland Heading To Washington Wildfires
- Highway 36 Closed For Repairs Between Lyons, Estes Park
- Coal Creek Golf Course To Get Makeover Following The Floods
- Hickenlooper Helps Flood-Damaged Towns Move Forward Faster
- Hickenlooper To Announce New Flood Aid Process