US Highway 36 Closing For Blasting
LYONS, Colo. (AP) – State and federal highway officials plan to close U.S. Highway 36 west of Pinewood Springs near Estes Park on Monday for blasting, which is part of a flood reconstruction project.
Motorists can use alternate routes, including Colorado Highway 7 between Lyons and Estes Park.
September’s floods killed nine people, damaged or destroyed nearly 2,000 homes and washed out hundreds of miles of roads.
Colorado Floods: How To Help
The recent floods are impacting families and communities throughout Colorado, so CBS4 has compiled a list of ways you can support the local communities impacted by the floods.
More September Flooding Stories
- Loveland’s ‘Cowboy Church’ Marks 1 Year Flood Anniversary
- Lyons Community Comes Together 1 Year After Floods
- Riverside Park Lake Reopening Marks Milestone For Flood-Ravaged Evans
- Jamestown Residents Rebuilding Year After Flood
- Hickenlooper, Cadets Join In Day Of Service
- Trail Work Along St. Vrain After Flood Helps Lyons Residents, Wildlife
- Year After Flood, Boulder Gets 1st Snowfall