State Trooper Hurt In Dramatic Chase Recovering
LONE TREE, Colo. (AP/CBS4) – A Colorado State Patrol trooper who was hit and seriously injured by a man who carjacked a vehicle is recovering from his injuries.
Trooper Bellamann Hee was still hospitalized in serious condition on Thursday, but he is expected to make a full recovery.
Hee was injured Wednesday while trying to stop a man who stole an SUV with a 4-year-old boy inside. The boy was found safe after the fleeing driver jumped out of the SUV and stole another vehicle.
“I talked to him this morning and he’ doing very well. He’s in good spirits. He has serious injuries; fully expect that he will recover,” Col. Scott Hernandez wit the Colorado State Patrol said. “I think it will be a long road to recovery.”
Police say Ryan Stone, 28, was wanted in a drug case when he stole an SUV. The chase ended when the fleeing driver crashed in Lone Tree, south of Denver. Stone was arrested when he tried run.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Colorado Trooper Injured In Chase Leaves Hospital
- Suspect In Wild Chase Faces 26 Charges, Friends Show Support In Court
- Friends Come To Court To Support Suspect In Wild Police Chase
- Mother Says She Was Lucky Her Kids Weren’t In SUV When Carjacked
- Prosecutors To Take Time Mulling Chase Suspect’s Charges
- State Trooper Hurt In Dramatic Chase Recovering
- Copter4 Team Ran Low On Fuel While Covering Wild Chase