Holmes’ Lawyers Want To Talk To Hospital Staff
DENVER (AP) – Attorneys for James Holmes, the man charged with the Colorado theater massacre, are asking the judge for an order allowing Denver Health Medical Center personnel to talk to the defense about psychiatric treatment Holmes received four months after his arrest.
In a motion filed Thursday, defense lawyers said the hospital is willing to cooperate but wants a court order first to address some concerns. The concerns are redacted from the motion.
Holmes pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to charges of killing 12 people and injuring 70 in the 2012 attack.
He was taken from jail to Denver Health in November 2012 for undisclosed medical and psychiatric treatment. His lawyers say the staff’s observations are important.
Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty. Trial is scheduled to start in October.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
More Aurora Movie Shooting Stories
- Judge: James Holmes Sanity Exam Can Be Recorded
- Holmes Lawyers Question Firearms Analysis
- Taping Of James Holmes Sanity Exam Mulled In Court, Trail Date Set
- Beauty School Offers $5 Haircuts To Benefit Theater Shooting Victims
- Officers Fight Subpoenas In Theater Shootings Case
- Parents Of Theater Shooting Victim Hold Fundraiser On Anniversary
- Sunday Marks 2 Years Since Aurora Movie Shooting