DENVER (CBS4) – Broncos players tweeted messages of thanks to Champ Bailey on Wednesday night after learning the news that the team has told the veteran cornerback they are planning to release him.
Fellow cornerback Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie shared a photo on Twitter of himself with Bailey in the Broncos locker room and wrote “I swear he made me better.”
One person on Twitter asked Rodgers-Cromartie how much of a role model Bailey was for him since he arrived with the team.
Rodgers-Cromartie responded “very big, every corner should wanna be a tru pro like champ.”
Cornerback Chris Harris tweeted that he was “Blessed to be able lineup opposite Champ and learn from a Great.” He wrote that Bailey “Will def be missed.”
Linebacker Danny Trevathan wrote “Champ. You taught me a lot! It’s been a damn honor and a privilege bruh.”
Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas wrote: “Been a honor to be able to say I went head to head with this man here. Will be missed for sure.”
More Broncos Stories
- Which Quarterback Will Guide Denver’s Title Defense?
- 10 Random Facts From The Broncos 2016 Media Guide
- No Bids Yet For Broncos Stadium Naming Rights, Deadline Extended Again
- Paxton Lynch, Other Rookies React To Their Madden NFL 17 Ratings
- QBs Aside, Broncos Know Denver Starts With D
- Broncos Single-Game Tickets Go On Sale Next Week
- ‘Bam Bam’ Figures To Be A Key Contributor In This Year’s Broncos Defense
- Talib Spotted Without Crutches, Says He’ll Be Ready For Camp
- Coach Kubiak: ‘Nothing’s Smooth About What We Do’
- Reaction From The NFL World To Von Miller’s Historic Contract