Monitor On EMS Kit Alerts Arvada Fire Crew To CO Problem

ARVADA, Colo. (CBS4) – Firefighters in Arvada say a small monitor attached to an EMS kit alerted crews to a huge problem before they even got to the front door of a home.

Three people inside the home located on the 5300 block of Independence Street were showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

(credit: CBS)

(credit: CBS)

“The 911 call came in from someone who was not at that residence but who had received a call from a family member at that address who stated that they did not feel well,” Scott Pribble with the Arvada Fire Department said in a statement.

Pribble said a small carbon monoxide monitor that is “attached to an EMS kit activated alerting the crews to high levels of CO just inside the front door.”

All three people are hospitalized. Their conditions haven’t been released.

It was the second time in just over two weeks that one of the monitors notified a crew of dangerous CO levels.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Denver

Enter To Win!
Weather App

Listen Live

AM/FM Stations

Featured Shows & Multimedia