MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – The Colorado Department of Transportation on Wednesday started a project along US 24 to try to prevent mudslides.
Last summer mudslides swept through Manitou Springs, flooding the small town numerous times.
Crews have been installing an extra-large concrete box culvert, which should keep the water off the highway.
The project will take a few weeks to complete.
More Manitou Springs Stories
- Manitou Springs Church Won’t Close In Near Future
- Church Considers Closing Due To Manitou Incline
- Motorcyclist Arrested, Shots Fired During Alleged Road Rage
- 2 Rock Slides In Less Than 24 Hours On Highway 24 Near Manitou Springs
- Search For Suspect In Reported Bail Bond Shooting
- Strong Storms Bring Hail, Flooding To Parts Of State
- Severe Weather Brings More Flooding To Manitou Springs