CDOT Project Aims To Protect Manitou Springs From Mudslides
MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – The Colorado Department of Transportation on Wednesday started a project along US 24 to try to prevent mudslides.
Last summer mudslides swept through Manitou Springs, flooding the small town numerous times.
Crews have been installing an extra-large concrete box culvert, which should keep the water off the highway.
The project will take a few weeks to complete.
More Manitou Springs Stories
- Large Boulder Just Misses Traffic Near Manitou Springs
- CDOT Project Aims To Protect Manitou Springs From Mudslides
- Top 10 Colorado News Stories Of 2013
- Mile High Holidays Expands To Include Communities Affected By Flooding
- Voters In Grand County To Decide Whether Students Get iPads
- Manitou Flooding Victims: Lessons Learned Are Painful, Valuable
- Water Managers Urge Communities To Conserve After ‘Catastrophic Damage’