CDOT Project Aims To Protect Manitou Springs From Mudslides
MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – The Colorado Department of Transportation on Wednesday started a project along US 24 to try to prevent mudslides.
Last summer mudslides swept through Manitou Springs, flooding the small town numerous times.
Crews have been installing an extra-large concrete box culvert, which should keep the water off the highway.
The project will take a few weeks to complete.
More Manitou Springs Stories
- Parts Of Colorado See Wettest May On Record With More Rain Coming
- Hikers Find Trees Cut Down, Police Search For Suspects
- Girl With Down Syndrome An Asset For Manitou Springs Cheer Team
- Carjacking Suspect Dead Following Chase
- Hickenlooper, Cadets Join In Day Of Service
- Governor Tours Colorado Natural Disaster Sites
- Customers Line Up For El Paso County’s First Recreational Pot Sales