MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – The Colorado Department of Transportation on Wednesday started a project along US 24 to try to prevent mudslides.
Last summer mudslides swept through Manitou Springs, flooding the small town numerous times.
Crews have been installing an extra-large concrete box culvert, which should keep the water off the highway.
The project will take a few weeks to complete.
More Manitou Springs Stories
- Double Amputee Climbs Manitou Incline In 4 Hours
- Future Uncertain For Pikes Peak Cog Railway
- Long Lost Brothers Trace Family Tree To Colorado
- Manitou Springs Receives Grant For Long-Awaited New Trail
- Manitou Incline Scheduled To Reopen In December
- Manitou Incline To Close Down For Several Months
- Emergency Calls Increase At Popular Colorado Hiking Trail