MANITOU SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – The Colorado Department of Transportation on Wednesday started a project along US 24 to try to prevent mudslides.
Last summer mudslides swept through Manitou Springs, flooding the small town numerous times.
Crews have been installing an extra-large concrete box culvert, which should keep the water off the highway.
The project will take a few weeks to complete.
More Manitou Springs Stories
- Search For Suspect In Reported Bail Bond Shooting
- Strong Storms Bring Hail, Flooding To Parts Of State
- Severe Weather Brings More Flooding To Manitou Springs
- Woman Facing Charges After Burning Confederate Flag In Manitou Springs
- Bear Shreds Family’s Car After Breaking In & Getting Stuck
- Woman Who Burned Confederate Flag Says She Was Called The ‘N-Word’
- Woman Accused Of Arson In Fire That Displaced 8 In Manitou Springs