Royal Gorge Employees Excited About The Broncos & Reopening
CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Broncos Hire Bill Kollar As Defensive Line Coach
- Wait, What Did You Say? See Peyton Manning, Other NFL Stars, In New ‘Bad Lip Reading’ Video
- Canon City Inmate Sues NFL For $89 Billion
- 11 Broncos Starters Who Didn’t Make The Pro Bowl — And Where They’ll Fit In 2015
- Former Broncos Offensive Coordinator Adam Gase Joins John Fox In Chicago
- 10 Impressive Stats From The 2014 Broncos Season
- Rhonda Kubiak Excited To Return To Colorado