CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Tight End Now One Of Broncos’ Many Strengths
- Broncos Notebook, Nov. 26: Quick Practice Before Thanksgiving
- Broncos Cody Latimer Strikes A Pose For 8-Year-Old Pal
- Tale Of The Tape: Patriots At Broncos
- Emmanuel Sanders Uses JUGS Machine In Backyard To Stay Sharp
- Brady Says Despite No Matchup, He Still Respects Peyton
- Broncos Notebook, Nov. 25: Emmanuel Sanders Doing Drills At Practice