Royal Gorge Employees Excited About The Broncos & Reopening
CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- New Broncos DL Antonio Smith Being Investigated In Texas
- Letterman Shows Fondness For Peyton Manning During Final Broadcast
- Pat Bowlen’s Daughter ‘Very Protective’ Of Father Following Alzheimer’s Diagnosis
- Former D-Lineman Getting Shot At Starting On Denver’s O-Line
- What About Brock? Jake Plummer Says Osweiler ‘Will Be Rewarded’
- Broncos Rookie Linemen Garcia, Kilgo All Smiles After Signing Deals
- Former Broncos Defensive Lineman Adrian Robinson Dies At 25