CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Broncos To Part Ways With Tackle Russell Okung
- Schedule Set For Terrell Davis Enshrinement Into Hall Of Fame
- Broncos’ Free Agency, Draft Shopping List
- ‘You Saved My Life’: Cancer Survivor To Peyton Manning
- Harvard To Honor Brandon Marshall For Stance On Social Injustice
- Denver 1 Of 2 Logical Fits For Tony Romo
- Broncos Face League’s Toughest Schedule In 2017