CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Broncos Receiver Latimer Arrested On Misdemeanor Warrant
- Broncos: Siemian Sleeper To Start At QB
- Broncos LB Marshall At OTAs Without Contract
- 5 Things To Know About The Broncos Offensive Line
- Marshall Patiently Awaits Payday, Return To Playing Field
- Broncos’ C.J. Anderson Not Bothered By Bold Devontae Booker
- Broncos Sign Second-Round Pick DL Gotsis