CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Denver Reveals Victory Parade Plan For Super Bowl Champion Broncos
- Wade Phillips Unleashed Broncos’ Defensive Potential
- Broncos Linebacker Von Miller Named Super Bowl MVP
- Broncos Fans Line Up For Super Bowl Champions Shirts
- 18 Years Later, John Elway Declares ‘This One’s For Pat’
- Five Takeaways From Super Bowl 50
- Manning Wins 2nd Super Bowl, Sidesteps Question On Retirement