CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Broncos Draft Pick Paxton Lynch Graces Cover Of Sports Illustrated As ‘The Successor’
- Broncos’ Siemian Trusts He’ll Get A Shot At Starting, Too
- Peyton Manning Speaking At Freed-Hardeman Benefit Dinner
- T.J. Ward: Broncos Have Adopted A ‘Ground Zero Mentality’
- Broncos Announce Signing Of 21 College Free Agents
- Mark Sanchez Sees Paxton Lynch Selection As Endorsement
- April Was One Heck Of A Great Month For Broncos Draft Pick Justin Simmons