CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Action On Stadium Naming Rights Could Come Monday
- NFL Officials To Interview Players Named In Al-Jazeera Report, But Not Manning
- Von Miller Playing Waiting Game With Broncos
- Broncos’ PR Staff Wins Rozelle Award From PFWA
- Broncos’ Elway Wins PFWA’s Horrigan Award
- Von Miller Gets Back On The Football Field — At His Camp
- Broncos Sponsorship Canceled, But Sports Authority Still Fielding Bids for Stadium Naming Rights