CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Who Stole Broncos Player’s Helmet? Police Want To Know
- AP Source: Elway, Coughlin, Arians Added To Committee
- Military Teams Up With Broncos For NFL Boot Camp
- Broncos Offense Says It Will Be Stronger This Season
- 4 Players To Watch In AFC West Preseason Games This Weekend
- Questions Loom As Broncos Head Into Third Preseason Game
- John Elway Expected To Join NFL Competition Committee