CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Roby’s Pick 6 Helps Broncos Beat Jaguars 20-10
- Harris One Of Only 5 With Multiple INTs Last 5 Years
- WATCH: Devontae Booker Shrugs Off Tacklers On Impressive TD Run
- Emmanuel Sanders Snags 400th Reception
- Siemian On Rehab: ‘Seemed To Work Out Well For The Last Guy’
- Broncos Injury Report Week 13: Paxton Lynch To Make 2nd NFL Start Against Jaguars
- Von Miller Sends Custom Bottles Of Wine To Teammates, Opponents