CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- CBS4 Broncos Notebook: Von Miller Will Be ‘Full Go’
- CBS4 Broncos Notebook: The Pads Are On
- Jordan Taylor imitates Odell Beckham At Broncos camp
- Broncos QB Brushing Up On New Playbook And New Language
- Manning Legacy Lives On In Broncos: ‘We Are Progeny Of Peyton’
- CBS4 Broncos Notebook: July 29
- Ware Says He’s Feeling Good But Broncos Are Being Cautious