CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- 3 Broncos Players, Lynch, Elam, Fletcher, To Be Inducted Into Ring Of Fame
- Osweiler Following Manning’s Path, Not Living In His Shadow
- Denver Broncos Week 7 Injury Report: Short List For Broncos, But DeMarcus Ware’s Absence Will Be Felt
- Rookie Devontae Booker Earning More Snaps In Denver
- Osweiler Not The Only One Facing His Former Team Monday Night
- Broncos Break Out Old Look For Monday Night
- Texans’ Brock Osweiler Tries To Kill Broncos With Kindness