CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Watch The Football Blitz With Max Garcia & Brandon Marshall
- Kubiak: Time For Heuerman And Sambrailo To Step Up
- 6 Things To Watch For When The Broncos Face The Bengals
- Different QBs In Place As Broncos Face Familiar Bengals
- Von Miller: Learning Dance Moves Boosted My Football Skills
- Broncos Tight End Virgil Green Ruled Out Vs. Cincinnati
- Helmet Stolen From Denver Broncos Returned, Citation Issued