CANON CITY, Colo. (CBS4) – Royal Gorge employees are showing their team spirit for the Denver Broncos, but they’re also excited about opening the park for bridge tours in just six weeks.
The park lost 48 of 52 buildings and there was minor damage to the bridge during the Royal Gorge Fire last June.
The reopening will start with guided tours only on weekends. Tours will be on a first come, first serve basis and cost $10.
The park is expected to open Phase I of the rebuild in August. It will include a new visitor center, aerial tram and several other attractions.
– Visit CBSDenver.com’s Wildfire Resources section.
– Read recent Wildfire stories.
Wildfire Photo Galleries
More Super Bowl Stories
- Paxton Lynch Looking Forward To ‘Open Competition’ Under New Coach
- Packers Activate Max McCaffrey Before NFC Championship
- Peyton Manning Helps Tennessee With Search For AD
- John Elway Attends Trump Inauguration
- Former Broncos Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison Joins Bills
- Broncos Emmanuel Sanders Named To 2017 Pro Bowl
- Broncos Punter Riley Dixon Honored With All-Rookie Selection